Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Kunena 1.5.3 - Community Builder 1.2.1] All links in Forums are dead

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #1 by myle
Hello,

I upgraded to the latest version of Kunena in order to have native support for Joomla 1.5.12. The problem is that even though the post are not lost (I did a recount of statistics), all the links in the forums (i.e Latest posts, Categories etc) are dead.

I followed the procedure as it is described here:
www.kunena.com/forum/138-support/19950-c...it=10&start=20#21107

After several repetitions with errors (missing parts), I think have completed it.

My errors were:
I unistalled previous version (1.2) of community builder and forgot to unistall some modules of it, so I had different versions. Fixed now.
I have installed several times the latest version of kunena hoping in a miracle. Does this mess with something?

Note: I had no problem in another almost identical forum where I upgraded having disabled community builder integration just before.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by myle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by @quila
Hi myle,

can you provide a link to your site?

If you use a SEF components try to disable and see if change something.

Regards

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #3 by myle
Thanks for replying!

I don't know what SEF stands for.

The link you asked for is taspython.co.cc/forum.html .

Note: The site is in Greek.

UPDATE: With the @quila's help, the problem solved. Now the Kunena work well after having disabled SEO in Joomla configuration.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by myle.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Congratulations on "solving" your problem. I am most surprised that you needed to disable the standard Joomla SEO functions! I'm not surprised that your K 1.5.3 forum now reverts to the old search engine "unfriendly" URLs. I think what quila was suggesting was to disable any third-party SEF products, such as sh404SEF (if you use such things).

I had a look at your problem a few hours ago and I was going to make a couple of suggestions. Before the moderators lock this topic as "solved" - I don't think this problem is solved - I suggest you read the article I wrote for the Wiki: Search engine optimization (SEO) .

The following image summarises the SEO settings that I would recommend you try:

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 9 months ago #5 by myle
Interesting article.

If either of the suggested option are set, then I get an error which is effectively the same (links are dead). I tried it with both having a .htaccess file and not.
I can't find any third-party SEF product nor I can recall a deviation as described.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6 by chema
Hi,

Sorry for my bad english!!

On my site works fine with joomsef hacking this code in class.kunena.php:
Code:
// PROFILE LINK if ($fbConfig->fb_profile == "jomsocial") { $profilelink = 'index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&userid='; define("KUNENA_PROFILE_LINK_SUFFIX", "index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&Itemid=" . KUNENA_JOMSOCIAL_ITEMID . "&userid="); } else if ($fbConfig->fb_profile == "cb") { $profilelink = 'index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user='; define("KUNENA_PROFILE_LINK_SUFFIX", "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile" . KUNENA_CB_ITEMID_SUFFIX . "&user="); } else if ($fbConfig->fb_profile == "clexuspm") { $profilelink = 'index.php?option=com_mypms&task=showprofile&user='; define("KUNENA_PROFILE_LINK_SUFFIX", "index.php?option=com_mypms&task=showprofile&Itemid=" . KUNENA_CPM_ITEMID . "&user="); } else { $profilelink = 'index.php?option=com_kunena&func=fbprofile&task=showprf&userid='; define("KUNENA_PROFILE_LINK_SUFFIX", "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile" . "&user="); } }
The hack is in the last define.

My site is in spanish --> www.descargasjoomla.com/foros

Regards!!

DJ!! and KS!! Team

More
14 years 9 months ago #7 by myle
I am happy that someone is able to confirm the same weird behavior. Unfortunately, I am not able to see the results of your patch.

I guess you apply it on the file which is located (usually) under:
components/com_kunena/

More
14 years 9 months ago #8 by chema
Hi myle,

Yes, in /components/com_kunena/class.kunena.php

but --> login "yes" work fine with original <define>

but --> logout "yes" don't work with original <define>

This hack valid only for CB.

thanks

DJ!! and KS!! Team

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds