Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Migration from J1.0x/K1.0x to J1.5x/K1.5x

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by eugenicscum
Hello,

I'm finally migrating to J1.5, and the site has been migrated successfully using com_migrator. I just installed the native Kunena. Is there a script to migrate all my data and tables from the old site/forum?

Thanks,
Srikanth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

there isn't a script to do this, if you use the template defauly_ex, you have just to exported the tables jos_fb_* in your new site. If you use specifics templates, copy them too.

When you have imported, the table on your new site, Kunena 1.5.3 will adapt the tables for this new version.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by freedomcoach
As a non technical person, it is not clear to me how to do this. Can I simply copy the Kunena files and folders from my old Joomla 1.0 site to the new site and if not, what specific files and folders do I need to copy? Can I do this with ftp? Thanks!

Sincerely,
Howard

More
14 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
freedomcoach wrote:

Can I simply copy the Kunena files and folders from my old Joomla 1.0 site to the new site ...?

No.

You can backup your existing J! 1.0.x site's Kunena database tables. You can install K 1.0.10 on a J! 1.5 website. You can then restore your backed-up table. You can then upgrade from K 1.0.10 to K 1.5.3 (which does some data conversion) but no to everything else. :)

More
14 years 9 months ago #5 by eugenicscum
Yeah, I exported the tables and we're all good. Now if only there's a native discussbot.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #6 by dosonaro
i`ve used kunena 1.0 too with joomla 1.5.11.

now i`ve installed the new kunena 1.5.3 and i`ve ported all my jos_fb tables. the forum seems to be working but in my backend i get this "error"

Upgrading Kunena to version 1.5.3 has failed!
* Your forum may be missing some important fixes and some features may be broken.
* Please try to upgrade again. If you cannot upgrade to Kunena 1.5.3, you can easily downgrade to the latest working version.
* Our support forum can be found from: www.kunena.com

did i something wrong?

solved, i`ve just reinstalled the forum
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by dosonaro.

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds