Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question The upgrade to 1.5.3 issue.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #1 by tmaximus95
I had an older version of Kunena on my site. I saw the latest version and decided to upgrade it.

Once I upgraded, this is what I get:

Error

* Your Kunena installation is incomplete!

Notice

* Because of the above errors your Forum is now Offline and Forum Administration has been disabled.

* Possible reasons for this error:
* 1) Kunena installation process has failed or timed out (try to install it again)
* 2) You have removed some of the Kunena tables from your database
* 3) Your database has been corrupted
* Our support forum can be found from: www.kunena.com

If there are tables missing or corrupted, can this be fixed? Also, all other parts of my site are working as usual, thank God.

Any help would be much appreciated.

tmax.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by fxstein.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by Lintzy
Did you do, what is written under Point 1 -> (try to install again)? Please delete the first kunena installation and try to install again with another archive format. If you uses .zip try with .rar.

Did you make a database backup, before installing Kunena, like it is recommend in every install instruction?

But don't panic, normally Kunena does never destroy database.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by Matias
Kunena did nothing to the database tables. It just runs detection code to find all tables it uses and it looks like there were some tables missing in your previous installation.

Easiest way to get forum back to online is to install old version back to your site (it does not have that detection code). After that you should look at phpmyadmin (or similar tool) and list all the jos_fb_ tables you find in this thread.

I believe that you're missing jos_fb_version table?

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #4 by Lintzy
message content edited by fxstein
Attachments:

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #5 by fxstein
tmaximus95 wrote:

I had an older version of Kunena on my site. I saw the latest version and decided to upgrade it.

Once I upgraded, this is what I get:

Error

* Your Kunena installation is incomplete!

Notice

* Because of the above errors your Forum is now Offline and Forum Administration has been disabled.

* Possible reasons for this error:
* 1) Kunena installation process has failed or timed out (try to install it again)
* 2) You have removed some of the Kunena tables from your database
* 3) Your database has been corrupted
* Our support forum can be found from: www.kunena.com

If there are tables missing or corrupted, can this be fixed? Also, all other parts of my site are working as usual, thank God.

Any help would be much appreciated.

tmax.

Hi,

Sorry about that.

Turns out the error message is a bit too harsh. We will need to rethink that.

Nothing has been corrputed, out of thousands of installs I have never seen a corrupted database. We appologize for the misleading error message.

What has most likely happened is that the install timed-out. Unfortunately a common Joomla 1.5 Installer issue. The Joomla installer can take a significant time to install a package and might hit the apache php timeout of 30 sec default.

The result is usually a blank white screen at the end of the install, rather than a success message.

In the past many user did not realize that a blank page was cause for alaram and would go on to use the forum component, even though installation did not finish.

We now detect these and give you this error in the backend.

The workaround is usually simple: Increase the php timeout to 300 sec on your server and re-install.

If that is not possible you can ftp the unzipped package into a seperate folder on your server and use the Joomla option to install from an existing directory.

That way you don't go through the slow Joomla installer and the sinatllation will finish quickly.

Again not reason to be alarmed. We appologize for the harsh error message.

Thx!

fxstein

PS: I have edited the thread topic to reflect that

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #6 by push_jwc
Replied by push_jwc on topic upgrade to 1.5.3
im getting this error message when i try to go to the kunena link i the administrator back end. when i click on components>> kunena form i get the following message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/pushjwc/public_html/beta/administrator/components/com_kunena/toolbar.kunena.php on line 92
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by push_jwc.

More
14 years 10 months ago #7 by push_jwc
Replied by push_jwc on topic Re:upgrade to 1.5.3
well i just uninstalled the current version and then reinstalled from another archive and it seems to work .. the original archive i used was

(com_kunena_v1.5.3_stable_b1688_2009-06-15.tar)

the one i used that worked was

(com_kunena_v1.5.3_stable_b1688_2009-06-15.zip)

More
14 years 10 months ago #8 by tmaximus95
Well, it appears that all the tables are resent in the phpMyAdmin view. So I don't know what's going on?

Perhaps there's a need to develop a function that would look for and either install or repair the tables necessary to fix a broken kunena forum?

I'm lost with this one. Everything looks fine. I comparedthe fb_* table structures currently on my server with a backup of my database (from my local machine) and they seem to be almost the same?

So I don't know what's going on.

tmax.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9 by tmaximus95
By the way... Is there a way to completely remove ALL of the old tables in the Joomla DB and then start completely from scratch?

TMax.

More
14 years 10 months ago #10 by tmaximus95
Ya, I re-installed the thing about a half dozen times, eact time with different archives. I got the same thing.

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds