Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Successfully Installed but Blank Page in Admin

More
14 years 10 months ago #1 by barthle
Hello,

I have successfully installed 1.5.3, and I got the success message, all green check marks.

I even see in the components list Kunena Version 1.5.3 and in the compatibility column it is marked with green check.

However when I want to go the component page in the backend, I am getting a blank page without any error message.

And weirdest of all, I can go the Kunena on the Frontpage, but it seems that it is not 1.5.3 but 1.0.9.

It looks as if the older version was not unistalled at all. It is still there.

I suspected that the cache is still bringing the old version, so I created a brand new menu but it is the same. I am still getting the older version at the fronend. But in the backend the version is listed as 1.5.3

That's totally weird.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by grumblemarc
Go into Joomla. Turn on error reporting to maximum and report any and all errors.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by fxstein
barthle wrote:

Hello,

I have successfully installed 1.5.3, and I got the success message, all green check marks.

I even see in the components list Kunena Version 1.5.3 and in the compatibility column it is marked with green check.

However when I want to go the component page in the backend, I am getting a blank page without any error message.

And weirdest of all, I can go the Kunena on the Frontpage, but it seems that it is not 1.5.3 but 1.0.9.

It looks as if the older version was not unistalled at all. It is still there.

I suspected that the cache is still bringing the old version, so I created a brand new menu but it is the same. I am still getting the older version at the fronend. But in the backend the version is listed as 1.5.3

That's totally weird.

Hi,

A good place to start whenever you get a blank page is to look at the error log of your server. It will usually tell you right away what is causing the error with file name and line number.

It would be very helpful to see that information.

Thx!

fxstein

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #4 by barthle
Hi Fxstein,

I don't know how to look at the error log of my server. Can tell me how I can do that? Plesk control Panel?

How do I locate the exact instance where I tried to open Kunena at backend in the log files?
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by barthle.

More
14 years 10 months ago #5 by fxstein
barthle wrote:

Hi Fxstein,

I don't know how to look at the error log of my server. Can tell me how I can do that? Plesk control Panel?

How do I locate the exact instance where I tried to open Kunena at backend in the log files?

Yes you can look at it in Plesk.

Go to the Domain in question and select the LogManager. Click on the error log and look at the very bottom (end) of the file. It should give you the error messages you are looking for.

You can post a copy in here so we can look at it.

More
14 years 10 months ago #6 by barthle
I've checked very carefully my Plesk application but couldn't see anything like Log Manager.

There is something like Action Log, I took a report from it for last three days but it gave me only log-in, log-out data. No useful information.

More
14 years 10 months ago #7 by PLURboy
I've run into the same problem.

I turned on error logging and found the problem to be toolbar.kunena.php on line 92. Looks like from line 92 the rest is getting truncated. Exactly the same problem as described here: www.kunena.com/forum/134-installation-up...-panel-after-install

But the only difference being that I don't have JoomSuiteDefender. But I do have a whole heap of other components installed.

I copied over the file manually and everything works fine now :laugh: .

Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. ~Salvador DalĂ­

More
14 years 10 months ago #8 by format1981
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/vamnado/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/toolbar.kunena.php on line 92

This string i see when go to the admin panel of Kunena forum

More
More
14 years 10 months ago #10 by barthle
Thanks Matias,

That solved my problem.

tar, tar.gz types didn't work for me. Only zip did.

And sorry for missing the other thread about the exact same problem. :blush:

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds