Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question PHPBB3 to 1.5.3

More
14 years 10 months ago #1 by vitalize
PHPBB3 to 1.5.3 was created by vitalize
How can i do this? I'd love to start using 1.5.3 asap but need to covert my old forum over.

I have seen this: www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=101&id=12556 but it's for an older version and i'm not sure if its relevant to 1.5.3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #2 by JBHawaii
Replied by JBHawaii on topic Re: PHPBB3 to 1.5.3
you must do it in steps... there is no other way! get your data converted over to k1.0.8, then you can upgrade it to k1.0.10... etc. It might be possible to upgrade direct from k.1.0.8 to K1.5.3 but I can't tell you for sure.

The link you referred to is in the right direction to converting phpBB3 to Kunena!

Good Luck!

Mahalo,
JBHawaii
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by JBHawaii.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #3 by vitalize
Replied by vitalize on topic Re: PHPBB3 to 1.5.3
JBHawaii wrote:

you must do it in steps... there is no other way! get your data converted over to k1.0.8, then you can upgrade it to k1.0.10... etc. It might be possible to upgrade direct from k.1.0.8 to K1.5.3 but I can't tell you for sure.

The link you referred to is in the right direction to converting phpBB3 to Kunena!

Good Luck!

Thanks, followed the instructions in the link i posted above. Was pretty simple and only took 5 minutes. :)
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by vitalize.

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: PHPBB3 to 1.5.3
My next task after K1.5.3 is to finish my Kunena Forum Importer component which currently imports phpBB2, phpBB3 and PNphpBB2. It works with K1.0.10 and K1.5.3.

There's still one major issue which needs to be solved: phpBB accepts usernames which are illegal in Joomla. Also copying files is currently manual task and I'd like to change that soon.

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds