Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Everywhere a brick wall

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #1 by fribse
I'm getting very frustrated by now.

I want to move a site away from php-fusion to joomla 1.6 + kunena + CB.
Yes it HAS to be J1.6 to get at least some of the same functionality as php-fusion.

First attempt.
phpfusion -> agora argh, payware, no way I'm going to pay for software that's just a temporary convert.

Second attempt.
Convert phpfusion -> phpbb2 -> phpbb3 -> fireboard, argh, fireboard files is no where to be found -> kunena 1.5 -> kunena 1.6

Third attempt.
Convert phpfusion -> j1.5 + kunena 1.5.14, argh, error when installing kunena

Fourth attempt.
Search for kunena 1.5.13 no where to be found

What the f... It's a terrible state at the moment.

No help in the forums, no news about the converters, no path available, everything at a standstill.

What on earth is going on, I've never had so many obstacles, and problems with moving sites.

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by fribse.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

All files for all kunena 1.5 serie(1.5.14, 1.5.13, 1.5.12) are available here : joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/frs/?ac...&frs_package_id=4494

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by xillibit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fribse
More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Everywhere a brick wall
fribse wrote:

No help in the forums, no news about the converters, no path available, everything at a standstill.

I sympathise with your situation, I really do. We appear to have lost momentum on work for the Kunena Converter idea and that's disappointing. The problem has been that other, real-world business priorities have taken over and the developers are fully occupied on those things. After the announcement was made about plans to build Kunena Converter the team's priorities shifted when J! 1.6 was released.

From what I have read, you would be happy if you had access to the Fireboard installation kits, would you? If you had searched the forum you would have found this: fireboard.bestofjoomla.com/files/_JoomlaCode_Files/

You need J! 1.5 running in legacy mode in order to install Fireboard.

You can convert from FB -> K 1.6 by simply using an upgrade (see K 1.6 Upgrade Guide )

fribse wrote:

Yes it HAS to be J1.6 to get at least some of the same functionality as php-fusion.

Migrating from J! 1.5 -> J! 1.6 is not a subject we will discuss on the forum. The procedure for doing this kind of conversion is still not fully worked through and there are technical issues that you need to be aware of (as far as Kunena is concerned) if you go this way. You have your own reasons for needing to use J! 1.6 and that's OK; I'm not going to discuss those things here. The only thing I will mention is that you read K 1.6 Technical Requirements and make your decisions based on the information written in that.

No more brick walls. What more do you need in order to do the job?
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #4 by fribse
Replied by fribse on topic Re: Everywhere a brick wall
Ahh, thanks, that at least got that in place.

Now, the conversion is another business.
I see quite a few errors here and there.

First when I convert users I see a lot of errors like this:

Unable to run database query: 1146 - Table 'joomla15.jos_community_users' doesn't exist
Unable to run database query: 1146 - Table 'joomla15.jos_community_fields_values' doesn't exist
Unable to run database query: 1146 - Table 'joomla15.jos_community_users' doesn't exist - INSERT INTO joomla15.jos_community_users ( userid, status, points, posted_on, avatar, thumb, invite, params, view, friendcount ) VALUES ( 1, '', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 'images/avatar/old/IMG_1714[1].jpg', 'images/avatar/old/IMG_1714[1].jpg', 0, 'notifyEmailSystem=1 privacyProfileView=20 privacyPhotoView=20 privacyFriendsView=20 privacyVideoView=1 notifyEmailMessage=1 notifyEmailApps=1 daylightsavingoffset=0 ', 0, 0 )
Unable to run database query: 1146 - Table 'joomla15.jos_community_fields_values' doesn't exist
Unable to run database query: 1146 - Table 'joomla15.jos_community_users' doesn't exist - INSERT INTO joomla15.jos_community_users ( userid, status, points, posted_on, avatar, thumb, invite, params, view, friendcount ) VALUES ( 2, '', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '', '', 0, 'notifyEmailSystem=1 privacyProfileView=20 privacyPhotoView=20 privacyFriendsView=20 privacyVideoView=1 notifyEmailMessage=1 notifyEmailApps=1 daylightsavingoffset=0 ', 0, 0 )

If I add the table as shown in the readme I get a lot of this error instead:

Then I try and convert the articles, and I get them converted, I can see them in the article manager.

I then move on to forums, it converts 25.
It then says it transfers 2238 threads.
Then it transfers 7 attachments.
Moving on it updates 456 topics.
it converts message bodies

Final step, tidying up, and then again I see errors:
Unable to run database query: 1146 - Table 'joomla15.jos_community_users' doesn't exist
Unable to run database query: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'fulltext = replace(fulltext , '“','"')' at line 1
Unable to run database query: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'fulltext = replace(fulltext , 'â€','"')' at line 1
Unable to run database query: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'fulltext = replace(fulltext , '’','\'')' at line 1

Stuff was fixed up....

If I instead choose
Clear And Convert Message Bodies Only ***
I see a lot of posts, but without topics on them.
If there's no topic, then I can't click on it.

Ahh, you posted while I was writing...

This is the direct phpfusion to kunena acript posted here, which almost works...

Best regards
Fribse

Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by fribse.
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #5 by fribse
Replied by fribse on topic Re: Everywhere a brick wall

sozzled wrote: You have your own reasons for needing to use J! 1.6 and that's OK; I'm not going to discuss those things here. The only thing I will mention is that you read K 1.6 Technical Requirements and make your decisions based on the information written in that.

No more brick walls. What more do you need in order to do the job?

Well, I need extra levels of security, otherwise there's no need to go through all this transfer, I need the extra functionality of using special levels for this or that, this will make our event handling much more advanced.
So it's not because it's the newest gizmo it's chosen :-)

I don't see anything scary in your requirements, so far this is still a test setup, and I'm working hard on getting it done so the others in the commitee handling this can either approve or ask for improvements (hoping it won't just be discarded :-( ).

There's still time for J1.6.2 to be released before this goes live, and maybe even K1.6.4 to come around.

But before waiting for this, I need to test and know a route for conversion.

Now you pointed me to the old FB files, and I'll work further on that path, hoping that conversion will work better than the script that forgot the topics :-)

Best regards
Fribse

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Everywhere a brick wall
Wrong topic. I am only writing in relation to "installing K 1.5"; that's what, I think, is really the essence of "everywhere a brick wall".

Perhaps you could explain more the "extra security" you refer to in J! 1.6 that is not in J! 1.5? If you are referring to ACL-based protections for Kunena, these already work in K 1.6 under J! 1.5. Event handling? Are we discussing software events or social events and what, to you knowledge, is available in J! 1.6 (that is not available in J! 1.5) that will accommodate those things? I think we're actually demolishing the brick walls that you have built before you embarked on this process. But, as I mentioned, if you believe that you need J! 1.6, that's fine. I only want to make sure that you understand what you are getting yourself into.

Let's focus on installing K 1.6. I'm locking this "everywhere a brick wall" topic to allow you to get back to the place where you originally asked your questions concerning phpfusion to Kunena. We've shown you where you can obtain the necessary installation kits that you feel you need to accomplish that task.
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds