Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Uninstall agora after migration?

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by Tomservo
Hey all, I recently migrated from Agora to Kunena and I want to uninstall agora now. I'm concerned that if i uninstall agora it will remove folders containing images from the old forum that kunena now points to. Has anyone done this and can confirm that the agora folders stay or go after it is uninstalled? I am thinking I can just copy the folder structure off of my server before attempting this as a safe guard, true?
Also are there any other "gotcha's" that i should watch out for by removing agora after the kunena migration?

BTW - after the migration I did update to kunena 1.6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
The simple answer to this question is

(1) Make a backup of your website now
(2) Unistall Agora
(3) If you have problems, restore your website from the backup.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #3 by fairwea1
The converter does not convert attachments. I believe the images are pointing to yoursite/components/com_agora/images/..... or something like that. When you uninstall Agora, com_agora folder will be erased along with all of its content... /images!!!
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by fairwea1.

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds