Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Internal Server Error

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by awalters
Hello

I installed the latest stable release of Kunena on a new site and everything looked to be working well (
I had defined my categories and setup the Welcome Mat as I wanted) but when I tried to add a post to one of my forums I received an Internal Server Error (500). So I checked my logs and it stated:

File does not exist: /public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/media

I have another version of Kunena working on another site and checked my setup but everything looked good. So out of desperation I uninstalled Kunena and installed the new Beta release and defined my categories and did a basic setup. It worked fine.So I manually uninstalled the Beta (the auto uninstall just gave me a blank page) and re-installed 1.5 but again I cannot post.

The error logs now say:

File does not exist: /home/workitou/public_html/500.shtml, referer: index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=165&func=view&catid=2&id=1

Am I missing something?

I am running Joomla 1.5.20 on Debian Lenny.

regards

Andrew
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by awalters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Internal Server Error
When I browsed through the many discussions we've had about HTTP 500 Internal Server Error, there were two things that stood out:

1) If you enable Joomla debug mode (from the Global Configuration facility) you may be able to find what it is that's causing the problem; and

2) Nearly every case that we've seen has involved some other Joomla extension that you have enabled on your Kunena pages.

These aren't hard facts, though, because it's unfortunate that few users reporting these HTTP 500 Internal Server Error either (a) bother to inform the community what was the cause or (b) they give up.

Until someone else has a better suggestion, I would ask you to consider these points and act accordingly. Enable Joomla debug mode and see what happens when you try to access your Kunena frontend.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by awalters
Replied by awalters on topic Re: Internal Server Error
Thanks for your reply.

I had considered this after looking at as many of the other posts on Internal Server Errors. Unfortunately the debug mode doesn't give me anything on this page. There is very little else running on the page - I have disabled the rokajaxsearch and roknavmenu modules which were being called, but to no avail.

And after a day of trying to get it to work I am tending towards reluctantly falling into your second category of users who give up as it's very frustrating and I don't know what else to try. I may have to wait until 1.6 comes out of beta.

regards

Andrew

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds