Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question How to change name of Kunena MySQL database? + Kunena doesn´t recognize Joomlas default language.

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by robinsjoomla
Hi!

1) On my local computer (MAMP) I have Joomla 1.5 and Kunena 1.5.5 installed. Both run OK. Then I moved the whole Joomla website to my web hosters server. There I can´t have my own MySQL database names, so I had to change them all to something like blabla_1, blabla_2 and blabla_3 and so on. Nothing to worry about, I thought, so I changed the Joomla database name to a new one, but unfortunately I can´t find a way to change the Kunena database name itself.

Where/how can I do that? Or do I have to reinstall the whole Kunena forum? If so, I would lose a lot of information ...and time!

2) My Joomla 1.5 runs in German (default language) and so does Kunena - but only on my local computer. After moving to my hosters server Kunena doesn´t recognize the german language, only English. I found a workaround by renaming the german folder, so Kunena thinks it is English and now everything shows up in German. Only the image links do not work, there is no language folder asigned inside the link, a "//" shows up with nothing inbetween. Again: On my local computer everything worked fine ...

My hoster adviced me to place a "de_DE@UTF-8" into the Country Locale (inside the LOCALE of Joomlas Global Configuration) - but this goes for Joomla 1 only. There is no such thing (Country Locale) in Joomla 1.5.

TIA,
Robin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

1°) Kunena uses the same database that Joomla!, so by example if you creating a database nammed mykunena, you just need to import in this database all tables from your previous database.
2°) Do you have set in the joomla! language manager the language on germon for site and backend ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled
Are we discussing K 1.5.5? I don't know whether there are German language files for that old version of Kunena. I advise you to upgrade )to K 1.5.12) and to look at kunena.german.php file but I really don't know the answer. Perhaps someone else has a better idea?

Possibly the German language category has some better suggestions. :unsure:

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by robinsjoomla
Hi xillibit! Hi sozzled!

Thanx so far for your answers!

1) Yes, I have set German in the joomla! language manager for both: site and backend.

2) Is Kunena 1.5.5 realy THAT old? I am not used to consider something as old that wasn´t last year.

By the way, I am afraid of loosing all my data and changings I made to so many Kunena files when upgrading to 1.5.12.

I also think that 1.5.5 should be running correctly as it does on my local computer ...

Robin

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by xillibit
Do you have put your german language file in the right place : docs.kunena.com/index.php/Where_is_the_language_file%3F ?

Yes, k1.5.5 is really old now, k1.5.12 fix somes issues reported in previous version.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.642 seconds