Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Username regular name Smf migrate

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #1 by brianfischer74
Successfully transferred topics and posts from SMF to Kunena.

All old posts show username instead of regular name. You cannot click on them to go to profiles.
All new posts show as regular name and do link.

Is there a way to modify the old posts so that they at least show the regular name instead of the username.

I feel so close to having it transferred like I want. Thank you so much for any assistance you might be able to provide.

I am using community builder. Previously with smf I was using the joomlahacks bridge.

I have set it to regular names and click the sync button to change settings to existing configuration.

I can go in and edit each post to change to the real name manually, but this will take forever. Many of the posts are by the same user.
I didn't know if there is something I can do with phpmyadmin and the tables. Maybe like a query that would allow me to change all instances of "fred" to "Fred Smith"

I also know that in 1.6 you can delete all posts by one user. Is there the possibility that you can mass edit their name
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by brianfischer74.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds