Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [RESOLVED] Can't find this sentence!!!

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by Randall
I searched and searched... can't find it:

"The administrator has disabled public write access."

That sounds very negative. I want to change it to:

"You must be registered to post in this forum."

I would also then like to LINK that word 'registered' to my JOIN page.

Can anyone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Randall, and welcome to Kunena.

You will find the text string in the language file. See Where is the language file? in the Wiki for more information.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #3 by Randall
I looked there... not there.

My language file is attached... I can't find it!!!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Randall.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
In my case, the data is on line 868 of the file ../language/en-GB/en-GB.com_kunena.ini
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago #5 by Randall
I attached my language file... it's not there, so I do not know where the hell this is coming from!

Here's my line 868: COM_KUNENA_USRL_USERNAME="Username"

Search the file! It's not there!!!

More
12 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
Randall wrote:

Search the file! It's not there!!!

Which file? What is the filename that you are looking at and what folder are you looking in?

What version of Kunena are you using?

More
12 years 10 months ago #7 by Randall
I looked for a version number and could not be found.

take a look at the file I attached... can it be figured out?

I only installed this within the last few months... it's fresh.

WHERE is the version number?

Here is the site:
lender-reviews.com

More
12 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
You posted your question in K 1.6 Common Questions category. Your site is using K 1.5.13 and it's no wonder that you cannot find the sentence because your site is not using K 1.6. I will move this topic to the K 1.5 Common Questions category which is appropriate to your situation.

If I were in your situation, I would upgrade to K 1.6.4 now and save yourself further problems in future. We do not recommend K 1.5.13 for new sites and there is no official support for K 1.5.13 anyway.

Now that you know what version of Kunena you are using, please use the information I posted earlier, namely, see Where is the language file? in the Wiki for more information. Thank you.

The version number can be easily obtained by looking at footer on the Kunena control panel in your administrator site.

More
12 years 10 months ago #9 by Randall
AHHHHH!... very interesting place for a version number... almost a secret, yes? DANG! I couldn't find it, and I'm not that dumb. Perhaps rethink that little secret.

Regardless of the version, those words are being picked up from somewhere.

WHERE?

Please someone push this to the dev department because it does not take days to figure this out..

WHERE IS SUPPORT??? WHERE IS A DIRECT SIMPLE ANSWER?

sorry group... I'm looking for DIRECT simple answer... not "what version" and "why don't you know what's up?"

Get a KUNENA person to simply state where the source of these words are so I can change them...

Pretty simple request, huh?

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #10 by sozzled
I do not have K 1.5.13 installed on any of my test sites. Therefore, the information I am about to give you is based on K 1.5.14 - and the line number may not be exact.

Go to ../administrator/components/com_kunena/language folder (as indicated in Where is the language file? in the Wiki which I have referred to twice earlier in this topic). In that folder look for the file kunena.english.php.

At around line 1623 of that file you will see
Code:
DEFINE('_VIEW_DISABLED', 'The administrator has disabled public write access.');
That's the line you need to change.

Randall wrote:

Regardless of the version, those words are being picked up from somewhere

Yes, that's true. It's also true that it's necessary to know which version you are using when using this forum and that you communicate that piece of information when you post your question on this forum. Your question originally posted in the K 1.6 Common Questions category notwithstanding, we gave you the answer in msg #2 of this topic. You did explain how you were unable to use that information until much later and after further probing by us.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.686 seconds