Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Issues with boardcode

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by pwieseam
I know this has been asked several times but I still can't figure out how to get the emotionicons and text edits to display in the message prior to hitting "submit". I am using JV_Asent template with joomla 1.5 and Kunena 1.5.12. It doesn't work in any browser. My JV_Asent has a moomenu and I'm using jevents which uses javascript popups. I'm sure either of the is what is not allowing me to use the boardcode in an effective manner. But I don't know how to resolve it so that everything works smoothly. If I select bold I get and not bold characters. I have checked all the pulgins, and deactivating them doesn't make a difference.

Do you have any idea how I can make it work so if a user selects "bold" the text is bold and without the html tags? Or so the emotionicons display in the message box.

Please ask if additional information will help.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: Issues with boardcode
This is standard behaviour for most forums. The editor window is not WYSIWYG, it's just a plain text editor. Very rare is the forum that offers WYSIWYG editors. And it's called BBcode, not HTML.

However, if you upgrade to Kunena 1.6, there's a "Preview" feature that shows you the result of what you're typing as you type it, right below the editor window. Very convenient.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by pwieseam
Replied by pwieseam on topic Re: Issues with boardcode
Is it possible to remove the boardcode all together from the kunena forum and only allow plain text? Eliminate the need for any buttons or codes in general?
More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: Issues with boardcode
doesn't look like it. To be honest, I've never heard of such a request. Most people ask for MORE buttons and bbcode options...

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by pwieseam
Replied by pwieseam on topic Re: Issues with boardcode
Yeah, my client either wants a WYSIWYG editor or no editor because he believes it will be too confusing for the site users to see the bbcode.

Thanks for your help :)
More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Issues with boardcode
I would not recommend K 1.5 to a client for a new installation of Kunena. You should also explain to your client that BBcode is considered a very secure way to allow people to interact on a website without messing things up for one another or for the site administrator.

There are no support issues here. This topic is closed.
Time to create page: 0.784 seconds