Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Search form not working properly

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by khyatik
Hi,

I am using kunena 1.5.13. When a keyword is entered from the main index page of the forum, no results are being displayed and it is redirected to the advanced search form.

When the same keyword is entered from the advanced search form, the results are being displayed. I don't know y such inconsistency ??

I would like to display the search results from the single search field form and not use the advanced search.

Kindly guide me into this matter.

Thanks,
Khyati

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by Marija
Hello!

I have strange problem. When I try to search forum, i get a white page with this message:

Call to undefined function mb_substr() in /home/mw110523/public_html/components/com_kunena/class.kunena.php on line 1309

What does it mean? How do I fix it?

I'm real beginner, so please help!

More
12 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, Marija, and welcome to Kunena.

What version of Kunena are you using and, more importantly, what version of PHP are you using?

More
12 years 10 months ago #4 by Marija
Hello!

It's PHP 5 and Kunena 1.5.9

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
Depending on which particular version of PHP 5, you may have issues. I would advise you to read K 1.6 Technical Requirements to see if your hosting platform meets those specifications.

K 1.5.9 is nearly 1½ years-old and it is not supported any more. We do not recommend K 1.5.x for new websites. We recommend that you install K 1.6.4 instead (as long as your site meets the technical requirements referred to above).

Many people confuse K 1.5 with J! 1.5 and K 1.6 with J! 1.6 and it's unfortunate that the version numbers create this confusion. The version numbering is actually coincidental. K 1.6.4 works quite well on J! 1.5.23 (as well as on J! 1.6.3). K 1.5.9 has many defects and should not be used. I hope this helps.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago #6 by Marija
I tried 1.6 and it worked fine, but I had to use Kunena 1.5.9 at the end because (if I understood corectly) there's no 1.6 version in serbian language.

So I will have to try to fix this one.

Thanks Sozzeled!

More
12 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
You could be right about the absence of Serbian language support in K 1.6; I don't know. You might like to look in the Serbian category and in the Translations category ... or ask in one of those categories.

The fact is that K 1.5.9 is not supported and many of the problems you are now having were fixed in later versions.

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds