Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Moderator cannot delete posts before release

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by maxus
In our forum schuldenhilfswerk.at/forum all entries will be checked by a moderator.
When the moderator clicks on the waiting posts in category view, there is this list of post, which he can check or uncheck an then delete or release.
Release works fine, but it is not possible to delete posts!
He checks the checkbox next to a posting, clicks "delete", the page reloads and nothing happens.
we use 1.5.13 but we can not upgrade at the moment, because we use some customized components for joomla 1.5

Thanks in advance,
Hannes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What Joomla! version do you using ? Do you using sef component or sef sytem provided by Joomla! ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by maxus
Joomla Version is 1.5.11

I enabled sef, mod_rewrite and suffix

More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by tonyh01
I am having the same problem. I can't delete (or approve) posts pending moderation. It was working fine until yesterday.
using Kunena 1.5.13
Joomla 1.5.14 (legacy 1.0)

Any ideas?

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
tonyh01: The recommendation for the minimum version of Joomla to be used with K 1.5.13 is J! 1.5.14. Even though that is the version you are using, I would personally not recommend anyone using such an old version of Joomla today. Please upgrade Joomla to 1.5.22.

We strongly recommend users to not use legacy mode. If you use "legacy mode" you do so at your own risk. K 1.5.13 (like K 1.6.x) was not tested with legacy mode. See Joomla legacy mode and Kunena

Support with K 1.5 issues, such as the one you have mentioned, is very limited at this time. We recommend that users seriously consider K 1.6 for their future forum needs, particularly as the kinds of issues that you have described in this topic are more likely to receive quicker attention. We are all aware the K 1.5 has a number of problems that will never be completely fixed, except by a total rewrite. K 1.6 is, for practical purposes, that total rewrite.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tonyh01

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
maxus: see what I wrote above regarding the minimum Joomla version requirements. The minimum Joomla version requirement is described in Technical Requirements .

It is unfortunate that a Joomla "version checker" was not built into the K 1.5 installer, like it was done in the K 1.6 installer, but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

More
13 years 3 months ago #7 by tonyh01
I understand that I should upgrade at some point but due to various modules being used it is quite a significant job.

Anyway, the odd thing is that it has been working fine and it's only in the last 2 days that I haven't been able to approve or delete the posts.

I've also realised that the emails of posts, as moderator, have also stopped which I guess is connected.

I don't know if that helps identify the problem?

Regards

Tony

More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by tonyh01
oops!

It appeared that one of the pending posts had a large image which meant that there wasn't room for the check box to the right to display. Consequently, when I clicked the delete at the bottom of the list there were no boxes checked!

I changed the maximum post width, temporarily, to 100 px so that the box could be displayed.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #9 by prakash
I am facing the same issue but that was in only chrome. when i am trying the same thing in firefox then i am able to approve/delete the post.

Regards,

Prakash

virginsoft.net
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by prakash. Reason: add signature

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #10 by sozzled
G'day, prakash, and welcome to Kunena.

The version of Kunena installed on your website (K 1.5.9) is not supported and has not been supported for nearly 1½ years. Please upgrade to K 1.6.4 now (see K 1.6.4 Upgrade Guide ).
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds