Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question User profiles in search engine?

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by antivast
Hi guys,

I've started a forum with Kunena and it's a very good component. THNX!!:laugh:

But my question is:

How do I prevent user profiles being indexed bij search engines?

I don't know if this will be an issue but I can't permit google to index the information of my users from their user profile.

I'm sorry for my English but I hope you know what I mean.

I just don't want google to show the user profiles when somebody searches on the name of an user.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate all responds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, antivast, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you for your question. We do not encourage new users of Kunena to start with K 1.5. K 1.5.12 is an end-of-life version and there will be little opportunity for changes to be done to it by the project team. Although what you have written seems to be a problem with security, I haven't seen other reports of this happening.

K 1.6 offers considerable improvements over K 1.5 in the areas of performance, reliability, security, functionality and accessibility. We would encourage you to upgrade to K 1.6 as soon as you have tested that it will work on your website. I'm sorry I was not able to help you with a better answer.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by antivast
Oh no that's a miscomminucation.

Their profile is not indexed yet. But I have to be sure that it won't happen.

But if you've never seen reports like this i'm satisfied..

Thankyou.

I choose for 1.5 becuase I expected troubles with mootools.. But i'll give it a try later.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by jose
Hi there

Some users of my forum report the same! Google indexes their email address.

I think it is only for users that have filled the MSN field of their profile.

My forum uses Kunena 1.5.11

Is this fixed in Kunena 1.6?

Thanks in advance

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled
I think, because K 1.6 does not display the MSN field with messages, that we could say that this issue does not arise in K 1.6. Another good reason to upgrade. I haven't seen any reports of this particular issue occurring with K 1.6.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jose

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by jose
Thank you

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds