Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Color Rectangle & Thread Icons Not Working

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by heatrs
Color Rectangle & Thread Icons Not Working

php version: 5.2.13
mysql version: 5.1.46
Joomla version: Joomla_1.5.18
Kunena version: com_kunena_v1.5.11_stable_b1884_2010-04-04.zip
Kunena template: default_ex_black
website template: RocketTheme Refraction
The following user(s) said Thank You: awkening

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
This question has been asked and answered many times: the solution has been posted at the RocketTheme website .

I'd also like to strongly urge you to upgrade your version of Kunena to K 1.5.12 at the earliest possible opportunity. Thanks :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by heatrs
Thanks I appreciate, sorry to bother :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by heatrs
Hmm Looks like I didnt get what I was looking for on the RocketTheme website.

I tried to do whatever they said, didnt seem working.

By the way,

I changed website template to a normal default joomla template n now I can see the icons with radio buttons , that proves problem is with rocket theme

Secondly,

I changed kunena template to default_ex , this change solves the problem of color buttons.

Any tweaking or further help would be amazing.

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
There are a couple of ways that you can deal with the RocketTheme issues. One way is to do as you have done and not use the template. However, because you may have paid for the template, I would suggest that you report your difficulties to their forum and seek their help. They're as keen as we are to make sure that their templates work with Kunena. :)

In connection with the default_ex template vs. whatever-you-were-using template, we've written on this subject hundreds of times: please see There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex . Basically, the problems that most Kunena users have when they use other users' template designs are that those templates require both CSS and PHP program code to work. When Kunena is upgraded often the template PHP code also needs to be updated, too. When Kunena is upgraded, the default_ex template PHP is updated as needed.

Let me put it another way: if you have a template that was designed for K 1.5.9 and you upgrade to K 1.5.12 then your template won't work properly unless you also reapply all the changes that were made to the default_ex template and merge those changes with your template. The problem is that the various template designers who have left their work here at www.kunena.com have not upgraded their software since the days of K 1.5.3 (or even earlier, in some cases) and many of those templates are virtually worthless today.

This is the problem. Because of the way K 1.5 is designed, if you want a different template then you have to keep it up-to-date with the latest version of Kunena whenever Kunena is upgraded. Of course, you can remain with whatever version of Kunena you have installed, but that also means you have to accept that your forum may have defects that you can't fix without upgrading.

Fortunately, K 1.6 mostly decouples the PHP from the CSS and you should not experience these same kinds of regression problems in future.

I hope that some of what I've written has been helpful.

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by heatrs
Indeed it was helpful :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #7 by CheechDogg

heatrs wrote: Color Rectangle & Thread Icons Not Working

php version: 5.2.13
mysql version: 5.1.46
Joomla version: Joomla_1.5.18
Kunena version: com_kunena_v1.5.11_stable_b1884_2010-04-04.zip
Kunena template: default_ex_black
website template: RocketTheme Refraction

You might of found a solution for this issue but others still might have the same problem. I am using Version 1.5.11 only because I have found it to be very stable an free of issues.

What I did to allow your color table to show was the following:

Look for the following by using Notepad++ and go to line 61 or find this:

#Kunena tr.fb_sectiontableentry1 td {
background: none;
color: #FFFFFF;
padding:5px;
border-top:1px solid #322710;
border-bottom:1px solid #322710;
border-left:1px solid #322710;
border-right:1px solid #322710;

Make sure that the line highlighted in RED has no background. That fixed my issues.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

Time to create page: 0.579 seconds