Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Anonymous Posting Category?

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by mathialoc
Is there a way to allow anonymous posts in 1 category while requiring registered logged in users to post in ALL other categories?

Very useful if people have registration issues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, mathialoc, and welcome to Kunena.

I don't know whether "anonymous" posting can be selected on a category-by-category basis - I thought that there was a Forum Configuration setting that controlled this, but I could be mistaken.

If your users are having registration difficulties (and these matters fall outside of Kunena) I would suggest that you try to work with your users to understand what those difficulties are. Most times these difficulties arise because users have not "activated" their account and this occurs because the "activation e-mail" is put into the user's junk mail folder - where the user doesn't look. That's not the only reason. It's also possible that you haven't setup email properly on your Joomla website. I suggest you look at the Joomla help forum for discussion around those issues.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by John Twenty
Hi,

I kind of have the same challange at the moment. I have one Forum that I would like everybody to see and use, no matter if they are registered or not. At the same time I have a "members only" Forum where only registered users can post.

Is there a good way to do that?

J.T.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled

John Twenty wrote: I have one Forum that I would like everybody to see and use, no matter if they are registered or not.

Would you care to define the word "use". I am fairly sure that you can achieve what you want to do (see Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) ) for help.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by John Twenty
Hi sozzled,

Would you care to define the word "use"

by "use" I mean both reading an posting. The problem has been solved now. The problem was that the Forum which is for members only was for "registered" users only. Setting that to "public" did the trick.

J.T.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by iLucato

John Twenty wrote: Hi sozzled,

Would you care to define the word "use"

by "use" I mean both reading an posting. The problem has been solved now. The problem was that the Forum which is for members only was for "registered" users only. Setting that to "public" did the trick.

J.T.

Hey JT, I'm wanting the same, but for me on K 1.6 it didn't work. I mean, in the Category settings, I have these settings:

Public Access Level: EVERYBODY
Allow anonymous messages: YES
By default post replies as: ANONYMOUS USER

and it still ask for log-in.

If I set the 'Forum Configuration' | 'Security' tab and 'Public Read/Write' as YES, it doesn't work the way I expected, because will allow anyone to write anywhere, and it isn't what I want!

I want as you said above:
"I have one Forum that I would like everybody to see and use, no matter if they are registered or not. At the same time I have a "members only" Forum where only registered users can post."

Does anybody know if it is some bug with K.1.6 or am I missing some settings?

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by xillibit
It's just a little bug, i have made a fix in my branch it will be soon in trunk.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by iLucato

xillibit wrote: It's just a little bug, i have made a fix in my branch it will be soon in trunk.

Thanks for fixing, I was needing that today, that's why I got the bug. :0) I hope to get the fix in the next night build. ;0)

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #9 by iLucato
Just to inform, not fixed yet in the build 3181. The same as stated here .

Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by iLucato.

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds