Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Ban List

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by Mick
Ban List was created by Mick
Is there any way I can ban email addresses from signing up to my forum?

www.nikkershaw.net/fan-forum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #2 by Mick
Replied by Mick on topic Re: Ban List
Anyone?

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Ban List
Yes, there are many ways you can ban e-mail addresses from registering with your Joomla website ... it's just that there aren't any mechanisms built into Kunena 1.5 for this purpose. Please look at the Joomla Extensions Directory for solutions to this problem.

With K 1.6 you will be able to ban the email address of a user after they have registered with your site.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 11 months ago #4 by Mick
So there is no real way to protect a Kunena forum from spammers even at a basic level?? Im amazed.

More
13 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
There are hundreds of ways to protect your website from spammers. There are even basic mechanisms built into Kunena for the purpose. I was answering your question about "can I ban people based on their email address." If you want to widen the discussion into something else that's different.

What's your question?

More
13 years 11 months ago #6 by Mick
Its basic stuff..I moved my forum/website from Zeta to Kunena, on Zeta we had a list of spammers email addy's that we'd added to the ban filters to stop them joining the forum, can we do that here?

More
13 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
If you are asking the same question about protecting your site based on email addresses, my answer is the same as I gave above. It sounds like you are unhappy with my answer, but I am simply answering your question.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #8 by Admata
Replied by Admata on topic Re: Ban List
I had some spammer problems a few months ago. Not anymore, after I installed Registration Validator plugin. With that you can block e-mails, ip-addresses and certain usernames ;)

While Kunena is Joomla komponent and there are meny thins users want to be developed in forum itself, I understand perfectly that there is no use to start building things that are already available as plugins to Joomla B)

...and I´m just a user myself.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Admata.

More
13 years 11 months ago #9 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Ban List
yes look on JED ( extensions.joomla.org/ ) a module for joomla called " Registration validator " (not V2 the standard one) its a great little backend module that allow you to ban usernames, emails and IPs from registering on your forum.

FYI: Kunena does NOT handle user logins that is done by Joomla itself. :)

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds