- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.
Question Move Kunena forum to new website
16 years 5 months ago #46081
by icekake
Move Kunena forum to new website was created by icekake
Hello
I have to move a Kunena forum with all it's posts and discussions to a new version of the website.
What I have done so far, is to upgrade Kunena on old site to latest version
I have installed demo starter pack for new website (joomla 1.5.15)
Installed also Kunena latest version there and made the Menu tab for it.
Now I have a question how do I move the old forum?
Can I go and use the tables in the database?
Any tips?
This forum has several users, about 1500 that needs to be moved aswell.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
I have to move a Kunena forum with all it's posts and discussions to a new version of the website.
What I have done so far, is to upgrade Kunena on old site to latest version
I have installed demo starter pack for new website (joomla 1.5.15)
Installed also Kunena latest version there and made the Menu tab for it.
Now I have a question how do I move the old forum?
Can I go and use the tables in the database?
Any tips?
This forum has several users, about 1500 that needs to be moved aswell.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 5 months ago #46096
by xillibit
I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Move Kunena forum to new website
Hello,
On your new site, if you haven't no important datas on kunena, just uninstall it and remove all the tables begining by jos_fb_* with phpmyadmin. Then import, the tables begining by jos_fb_* from your old site and install the latest kunena.
On your new site, if you haven't no important datas on kunena, just uninstall it and remove all the tables begining by jos_fb_* with phpmyadmin. Then import, the tables begining by jos_fb_* from your old site and install the latest kunena.
I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkovision
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 5 months ago #46102
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Move Kunena forum to new website
Don't forget: you'll also have to import the Joomla user tables, too.
The easiest way that I know, to move a website from one server to another, is to use Joomlapack. It does everything for you.
The easiest way that I know, to move a website from one server to another, is to use Joomlapack. It does everything for you.
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkovision
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 4 months ago #47698
by icekake
Replied by icekake on topic Re: Move Kunena forum to new website
Thanks for the advise both of you 
I know it's some time since I posted this, and need to do this now.
About moving the site, that is not what I am doing.
I move sites all the time, and never use joomlapack
This time I only need the joomla users + the Kunena posts (and of course the users)
no other content at all from the old site, and defenetly not any layout, template or extension related stuff..
Not quite sure how I move only the users from old data to the new, since I don't need any other stuff from the sql file.
I know the Kunena question was answered, so I don't espect an answer to this. But if anyone has it and has time to answer me it is appreciated
I know it's some time since I posted this, and need to do this now.
About moving the site, that is not what I am doing.
I move sites all the time, and never use joomlapack
This time I only need the joomla users + the Kunena posts (and of course the users)
no other content at all from the old site, and defenetly not any layout, template or extension related stuff..
Not quite sure how I move only the users from old data to the new, since I don't need any other stuff from the sql file.
I know the Kunena question was answered, so I don't espect an answer to this. But if anyone has it and has time to answer me it is appreciated
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dirkovision
-
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 104
- Thank you received: 4
15 years 7 months ago #87601
by dirkovision
Replied by dirkovision on topic Re: Move Kunena forum to new website
Hi.
Thanks for the advise. I have copied all jos_fb* files and jos_core_acl* files from www.tref.eu phpmysql to internet.astracom.hu phpmysql, using .tar.gz files. No errors.
Now on the new 'test' site clicking index as admin, all cat's and postings are visible, but if i click the article: nope. No ueser listing, no stats either.
Users are migrated to joomla and K2, and responding, all data OK and visible.
Backend kunena 1.6.3 doesnt show any error and identic settings as the originating and in use site www.tref.eu (tref webcafé)
Both J1 is 1.5.22 server are allmost identic php apache etc.
Would you have any suggestion what should be added or modified ?
thanks very much for help,
dirko
hungary
Thanks for the advise. I have copied all jos_fb* files and jos_core_acl* files from www.tref.eu phpmysql to internet.astracom.hu phpmysql, using .tar.gz files. No errors.
Now on the new 'test' site clicking index as admin, all cat's and postings are visible, but if i click the article: nope. No ueser listing, no stats either.
Users are migrated to joomla and K2, and responding, all data OK and visible.
Backend kunena 1.6.3 doesnt show any error and identic settings as the originating and in use site www.tref.eu (tref webcafé)
Both J1 is 1.5.22 server are allmost identic php apache etc.
Would you have any suggestion what should be added or modified ?
thanks very much for help,
dirko
hungary
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dirkovision
-
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 104
- Thank you received: 4
15 years 7 months ago #87603
by dirkovision
Replied by dirkovision on topic Re: Move Kunena forum to new website
Thanks, sozzle, but we need the dbase moved only. They are both IceTheme and identical J! 1.5.22
Please see also my quick reply to #2 from xillibit .
Thanks a lot.
dirko
Please see also my quick reply to #2 from xillibit .
Thanks a lot.
dirko
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds