Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Seperate Database

More
14 years 1 week ago #1 by caricc
Seperate Database was created by caricc
First off, sorry if this question has been asked, but I have been trolling this board for a couple hrs tonight and I can't find an answer.

Currently I have tested several different forum packages and Kunena has been choosen.
I have it setup on my test system which is an hp touchscreen t2 laptop running windows vista hp 64 bit. I have joomla 1.5.15 loaded and all is installed with xampp.

I would like to install Kunena into a different database other than my main joomla database. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #2 by chr!x
Replied by chr!x on topic Re: Seperate Database
I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Kunena should share data with J!, so they must be on same DB. But I could be wrong...

More
14 years 1 week ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Seperate Database
caricc wrote:

I would like to install Kunena into a different database other than my main joomla database. Is this possible?

That's not how Joomla works. One Joomla site = one MySQL database. B)

It's possible to install Kunena into a different Joomla website (obviously with its own database). Then, somehow, you have to bridge the two sites together, synchronise the user databases, get all the permissions established ... are you up for it? :blink:

More
14 years 1 week ago #4 by caricc
Replied by caricc on topic Re: Seperate Database
No. No need to go through a whole mess. go ahead and close this out.

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds