Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Custom .htaccess causes message preview button to redirect to site home page

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1 by xxmajexx
Warning: Spoiler!

I repost my old messages:
Hello,

I have the same Problem here.

When i want preview my post, the preview function loads the main page.

I take some screenshots to make it clear.

I will be happy if anyone can fix this problem .

And sorry for my bad english *g

I'm using the standart default_ex Template, I just changed the gfx and the colores, but nothing else.

And sorry i forgot to post the Website .

www.banes-heart.de
Joomla! Version 1.5.15
Kunena Version 1.5.11

Kunena:
www.banes-heart.de/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=30

proof:

I activated and deactivated the plugins step by step to figure out, if a plugin make the problem, but everytime the preview was bugged.

I have the legacy Plugin activ, when i deactivate it, the forum dosn't work anymore. So i decide to reinstall the forum without the plugin activatet, but the forum dosn't came back until i activate legacy again. Maybe there is the bug, i don't know.

I uploaded my backup again to the old state, with activ legacy Plug In, to get my forum back Online.

I post you all my Plugins so maybe u can find something that can be the Solution for the Problem.

If you want i can post the Moduls, too.

So long,
maje
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thank you for creating a new topic for your question.

As you can see, from this site here that uses Kunena 1.5.11, there is no problem with the message preview button. I have tested this same issue on three other sites that I manage, all of them using K 1.5.11 and I have no difficulty with those, either. I am sure that most users looking at this topic will fare similarly ... no problem. Which means that you need to ask yourself the question: What makes my situation different?

There are many possible reasons but, in the end (as you can see from the way that I have amended this discussion subject), the matter comes down to a Javascript routine that you have on your website that is interfering with the Kunena Javascript function library. There are two possible solutions:
  1. You cannot use Kunena (or, in essence you cannot use the message preview feature of Kunena) on your website.
  2. You will need to identify what function you have installed that is conflicting with Kunena and eliminate it.
The fact that you are running Joomla 1.5 with the Legacy plugin enabled suggests that you have an obsolete Joomla component/module/plugin/template that you need to get rid of anyway. There is no support for J! 1.0 (or its "extensions") and Legacy mode has always meant to be a stop-gap measure to allow developers time to upgrade their products to J! 1.5. Legacy mode was never quite intended for users to run J! 1.0 modules/components/templates/plugisn and our advice has consistently been there are no guarantees that "legacy" mode will always work .

The reason that you cannot run K 1.5.11 on your website with the System-Legacy plugin disabled is because you have a plugin/template/module designed for J! 1.0 on the same page as your Kunena forum ... and the page won't load without the Legacy plugin enabled. This isn't a defect of Kunena. This is a problem with your website. So, you need to identify which J! 1.0 "thing" you have on your website, get rid of it, and then you won't need "legacy mode" enabled any more.

If you want to know how to find the J! 1.0 culprit, read Yes, K1.5.3 works for J! 1.5 without legacy mode

But this may not answer the question why your preview button doesn't work, but it brings you one step closer to a solution. :)

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #3 by xxmajexx
Thanks for the respons, this was an hard night for me :)

I disabeld all Plugins, Moduls and Components.

Some Problems I Figured out:

The Kunena - > CB connection just worked with activ legacy Plugin, else the forum dosn't load. I think the matter is the DatsoGallery wich isn't compatible with joomla 1.5 and there are some connetions to cb.

DatsoGallery (works just with legacy) -> CB -> Kuena

Ok thats the gerund why i use legacy.

But, after i deactivatet all Moduls/Plugins and Components and disabled the connections in kunena, the preview function had the same bug.

There wasn't any Modul or something up wich can cause the Problem with the Preview function.

Maybe there is an Option i didn't saw after the new install.

Another Problem was, there wasn't a clear install. The Settings was set with the laste setup.

I din't figure out how I can make a clear installtion of kunena. After deinstalltion the Settings didn't lost.

I searched in the SQL Tabels with phpmyAdmin but i didn't found the Tables from kunena :/.

After all, I can't figure out where the fault is.

But i know i disabled everything wich maybe are a Problem for Kunena.

All Plugins/Module are compatible with 1.5, the only wich was't is the gallery.

I set now eveeything back to normal state.

Its really sad I can't figure out the Problem. I like the forum, but this is a very anoying bug and maybe i must change then to another forum.

I post here some screen with everything deactivated.

Thanks for the Help,
maje
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by xxmajexx.

More
13 years 11 months ago #4 by freedomcoach
I hope I am not disrupting this exchange but I wanted to add one thing to this thread. I am running K1.5.8 and also at least one other very important component requiring the legacy plugin.

I am not experiencing any problems with this arrangement. The component is AEC distributed by Valanx. Until they release their component in native mode for J1.5 I will need to continue using the legacy since AEC is essential for my site.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,
Howard

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #5 by Cerberus
freedomcoach wrote:

I hope I am not disrupting this exchange but I wanted to add one thing to this thread. I am running K1.5.8 and also at least one other very important component requiring the legacy plugin.

I am not experiencing any problems with this arrangement. The component is AEC distributed by Valanx. Until they release their component in native mode for J1.5 I will need to continue using the legacy since AEC is essential for my site.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,
Howard

K1.5.8 is not supported.

Please update to K1.5.11 and POST IN YOUR OWN THREAD and not highjack others and then maybe i will feel it in my heart to help you with your issue freedomcoach
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #6 by xxmajexx
Cerberus wrote:

K1.5.8 is not supported.

why does your topic say K1.5.11 when you say clearly in your last post that this is not the case. and in truth you have K1.5.8 running.

please update to K1.5.11 and then i will look at your issue in more detail.

It wasn't his topic this is my topic ... read again *g

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #7 by Cerberus
yer damn thread high jackers sry xxmajexx

ok have you tried this with the standard RHUK_milkway template for joomla ?? or just with your custom joomla template ??

ooooo your should feel honored xxmajexxx you are my 200th post :)

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #8 by xxmajexx
The Forum use the Default_x Temp. Just the Color and the GFX are changed. But i tested it with the rhuk_milkyway temp, too. It dosn't help.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #9 by Cerberus
can u do my a screen shot with it using milkway please :)

EDIT: out of intrest are you using Rokcandy on your site ???

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #10 by xxmajexx

can u do my a screen shot with it using milkway please

Note the Forum style ist default_x just Colore and GFX is changed.

EDIT: out of intrest are you using Rokcandy on your site ???

No

I test now the Agora Forum for my site, it works well but i liked the kunena more.

The Preview Bug is the single bug on the page. Everything else works well.

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds