Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question "You must log in first" message

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #1 by www.newteacherskit.com.au
Hi there,

Total Kunena newbie here, apologies if the answer is obvious.

I've installed Kunena without problem, however, there is an issue with registration.

After a user tries to register to participate in the forums, they are redirected to a page that says: "You must log in first". When the supplied user/pass is entered into the provided fields, the same screen shows. No confirmation email is being sent.

Please help!

Nadia
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Nadia, and welcome to the forum. There are a few issues here that we've canvassed many times before but there also seem to be some basic functions of your Joomla website that are not functioning 100% correctly. I have sent you a PM; if you like we could discuss these things off-line in order to get your problems resolved as quickly as possible. :)

As I sometimes have to remind new members who post to this forum,
    The
Support category, where you posted your question, is intended to be used to address problems with the unmodified core Kunena software - not to ask how to change it or to discuss problems people might encounter with third-party software extensions - or to report defects that you are have found - not to ask questions about how to use the software normally or how to use Joomla normally. We give these support topics higher priority than other topics, particularly around the time when there is a new release of Kunena (as there was only a couple of days ago), in order to ensure that defects are not passed on to other users. I have moved your topic to a more appropriate section.We also get many questions relating to the subject of user registration and login and, in very broad terms, I will repeat the advice I have given in the past: Kunena doesn't actually do login or user registration.

Kunena is not responsible for user registration, pure and simple. User registration is a Joomla function that may, or may not, be assisted by other components such as JomSocial or Community Builder or others. Kunena makes it possible to utilise these other components. In short, these are not Kunena matters.

However, the registration and login links at the top the Kunena forum pages do present unusual challenges to new users and I completely sympathise with the confusion that ensues. There are ways that you can use to overcome some of these issues - and I'm happy to discuss them with you - but I agree that this is a significant shortcoming of Kunena. There is light at the end of the tunnel insofar as these problems have been eradicated in the yet-to-be-released K 1.6 ... so you may have to be patient a little while longer for a permanent solution.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #3 by www.newteacherskit.com.au
Thanks for your reply Sozzled. I think maybe Kunena in its current form is beyond me, so I will wait for 1.6 and hopefully it will work. Thanks for your PM, sadly I don't have skype.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4 by sozzled

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds