Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question No user login desired

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #1 by kiernan7
I'm sorry if this has been asked, I tried to search on this, but...

What if I want a forum where people who post don't have to register. Can this be done?

Also, if users DO register via Kunena, does that enter them in my Joomla Users DB?

Thanks in advance!

-- John Kiernan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: No user login desired
1. yes there is a setting in kunena to allow posting without registering called " Public Read/Write " default is " NO " but if you set it to " YES " it will allow public to post without registering, the seting is located in the kunena configuration section in the kunena admin menu :)

2. yes if they register in kunena they are added to the joomla DB

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #3 by kiernan7
Replied by kiernan7 on topic Re: No user login desired
Great! That did it!

One last question: Is there any way to PREVENT them from being about to register? I don't want to load down my users with a bunch of people who THINK they need to register for the Forum (but who don't).

Thanks in advance!

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:No user login desired
Thank you, Cerberus, for making my job here so much easier! :)

I just want to add a short comment to this topic - and for the benefit of others who may also be interested in future: Kunena doesn't actually do login or user registration.

I will repeat what I have written elsewhere ( Registration Page Issues ):

As I am "fond" of telling people ;), Kunena is not responsible for user registration, pure and simple. User registration is a Joomla function that may, or may not, be assisted by other components such as JomSocial or Community Builder or others. Kunena makes it possible to utilise these other components.

Therefore if you want to allow or prevent users from registering, you achieve these objectives via Joomla (see help.joomla.org to find out more about that) - these are not Kunena matters.

Your forum will thrive or fail because of the content that your users give, not whether they have to register or not. If your users are confused then let them ask you questions and wait for the questions to be asked before you worry unnecessarily about the possibilities. Does that seem like good advice?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #5 by kiernan7
Replied by kiernan7 on topic Re:No user login desired
Thanks so much guys! This looks like EXACTLY what I needed!

-- John Kiernan

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds