Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Delete Posts

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by MB_ZA
Delete Posts was created by MB_ZA
Hi,

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I couldn't find anything when I searched.

Is there anyway to delete posts from forums? If so, how?

Also, it would be nice if there was an option when a user was deleted that all the users posts could be deleted as well. Is there something like this out there for Kunena?

Thanx
MB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Delete Posts
Forum moderators can delete discussions and individual posts. You can also Prune Forums at the backend.

There is currently no mechanism to remove all messages posted by a user when that user had been deleted from the website.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by MB_ZA
Replied by MB_ZA on topic Re:Delete Posts
hmmmm... how do I delete posts. I am the admin of the site, where do I go?

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by MB_ZA
Test

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by MB_ZA
Thanx Sozzled. I needed to make the user a moderator. How do I make a user an administrator? I set the rank to Administrator but the buttons still did show.

Also, is there anyway to delete posts from the back-end, i.e. from Joomla's administrator site via maybe Forum Administration?

Thanx once again.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Delete Posts
MB_ZA wrote:

I needed to make the user a moderator.

To assign the moderator role to a user, use the Kunena User Administration facility in the backend: select the user, then use Moderation » Is Moderator = Yes. You can assign a user to moderate one or multiple forums by selecting forum-name items in the list. You may also find helpful the companion documentation How to create Categories, Forums and Subforums and Forum Setup, Permissions and Forums for special Groups .

MB_ZA wrote:

How do I make a user an administrator? I set the rank to Administrator but the buttons still did show.

The Kunena User Administration facility does not affect how you grant/revoke the Joomla administrator privilege. You control this with the Joomla User Manager function.

Your last question (using the backend to delete messages) is answered in the list of topics I gave you in my earlier posting. Please read those topics for a more comprehensive coverage of forum moderation. :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #8 by MB_ZA
Thanx.

I will read the documentation as suggested. :)

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds