- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.
Question Displayed Message after Posting
- hartleyheaton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
16 years 7 months ago #39429
by hartleyheaton
Displayed Message after Posting was created by hartleyheaton
I have been using Kunena for a while now but I keep getting complaints from my members about which message is shown after making a posting.
In the main my members are set to show latest messages first but when they post a new message to the thread, and the page is refreshed, rather than the latest message being displayed the first message is displayed.
I am currently running 1.5.8 and intend updating to 1.5.9 this weekend, if I find the time.
I have not been able to find another mention of this but if it already has been reported then my apologies.
In the main my members are set to show latest messages first but when they post a new message to the thread, and the page is refreshed, rather than the latest message being displayed the first message is displayed.
I am currently running 1.5.8 and intend updating to 1.5.9 this weekend, if I find the time.
I have not been able to find another mention of this but if it already has been reported then my apologies.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #39430
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Displayed Message after Posting
This issue has been discussed once or twice before, yes, but there's no harm in mentioning them again
:
hartleyheaton wrote:
- Reply posts showing as first post instead of last post
- Change Order Of Post
- Thread Order
- Reverse the order of the response
- when user-setting is 'lastest first' the icon to latest post goes to the last page instead of first.
hartleyheaton wrote:
Unless you have customised anything, the upgrade process takes 45 seconds.I am currently running 1.5.8 and intend updating to 1.5.9 this weekend, if I find the time.
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Last edit: 16 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- hartleyheaton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
16 years 7 months ago #39494
by hartleyheaton
Replied by hartleyheaton on topic Re:Displayed Message after Posting
I am not certain that you have grasped the problem.
Let me set the scene;
This I believe is a bug in the software as it does not seem to be taking any notice of the display order when redisplaying the thread after replying to it.
I hope that this is a little clearer. Although it had been discussed in the links you provided I do not think it was ever answered.
Thanks
Let me set the scene;
- User has their display Message Ordering set to Newest Post First
- User accesses a thread that goes over more than one page (no problem - Order is correct)
- Reply to the thread and Submit
- Wait for the thread to be re-displayed
- Order of display is now Oldest First
This I believe is a bug in the software as it does not seem to be taking any notice of the display order when redisplaying the thread after replying to it.
I hope that this is a little clearer. Although it had been discussed in the links you provided I do not think it was ever answered.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 7 months ago #39496
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Displayed Message after Posting
Yes, I am aware of the problem. You are correct about the inconsistent behaviour. It's a defect in the original Fireboard design and, you're right, it hasn't been properly addressed. Each user is entitled to their preference (I prefer to view the forum with First Post First - that's just my preference - possibly because I am subconsciously aware of this defect ... I don't remember the reason now). Your job is to help your users understand that Rome wasn't built in a day and this is just "one of those things".
It will be fixed eventually, I'm sure
It will be fixed eventually, I'm sure
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- hartleyheaton
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
16 years 7 months ago #39509
by hartleyheaton
Replied by hartleyheaton on topic Re:Displayed Message after Posting
Now that I know it is a known problem and will be addressed I am quite happy.
To be honest I don't find it a problem because I just select page 1 and I am back at the message I want to see.
The problem seems to be more noticeable with slow Internet links, the main complaints are coming from users in Southern and Central Africa where the connections are not all that good as yet.
Thanks anyway I will keep my eye open for the update that contains the fix.
To be honest I don't find it a problem because I just select page 1 and I am back at the message I want to see.
The problem seems to be more noticeable with slow Internet links, the main complaints are coming from users in Southern and Central Africa where the connections are not all that good as yet.
Thanks anyway I will keep my eye open for the update that contains the fix.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds