Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic closed by moderator due to lack of interest] Can no longer upload files consistently to forum

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #1 by stuart
I was able to upload pdf files yesterday. This morning I tried and was able to upload 1 file and no more. PHP is set to allow uploading of files to 1024M and I am able to upload very large files via Joomla. I am only having problems with Kunena. I am getting no errors from Apache or Joomla but have attached the PHP error log and a copy or the Upload error message. Kunena is configured correctly to accept pdf files to over 1M.

Are there any minimum requirements for Kunena (other than upload) for PHP and Apache that may be affecting my site? Does it clash with any other Joomla extensions that may cause problems?

File Attachment:

File Name: php_errors.zip
File Size:19 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: File_has_n...aded.zip
File Size:102 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, mate. The file you attached (php_errors.zip) shows that you are getting a lot of "constant already defined" errors. Apparently this crept in with K 1.5.8 and was discussed in Constant problems in K1.5.8 ... so look at that thread and apply the workaround. This problem has been fixed in K 1.5.9 which will be released soon. That's the good news. :)

I don't know whether your problem is related to cant upload any files but there may be a common cause and the duplicate defines could be affecting things. I dunno. :S
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3 by stuart
Did not make any difference to my problems with uploading. I don't have any problems uploading the same pdf files to Docman or to the Joomla media folder. The issue seems to be confined to Kunena.

Configuration as follows;
XP Pro
Kunena 1.5.8
Joomla 1.5.15
Apache 2.2.14
PHP 5.2.12
MySQL 5.1.42

More
14 years 3 months ago #4 by stuart
Upgraded to Kunena 1.5.9 but that also has not assisted the file uploading problem

More
14 years 3 months ago #5 by xillibit
Hello,

like the message error said, you have trying to upload a file, which isn't in the file extensions supported, so check in kunena configuration panel that this is correct.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 3 months ago #6 by stuart
It was working yesterday and this morning for 1 upload. As far as I am aware, pdf files are included as filetypes that are OK to upload. I have attached a copy of my Kunena config, if I have it misconfigured can someone tell me what I have done wrong please?

File Attachment:

File Name: Kunena_Config.zip
File Size:84 KB
Attachments:

More
14 years 3 months ago #7 by xillibit
I hope that you don't upload files higher that 1 MB

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 3 months ago #8 by stuart
No I dont, but I increased the size in case that was the sticking point. Was the file extension configured properly in Kunena? If so, any ideas what I should do to get the forum working?

• cXc
  • Visitor
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #9 by cXc
I'm not sure but this could be similar to a .jpeg file issue I had recently, I had to add .jpeg to the main global configuration of Joomla as well as. After I added .jpeg users could upload and post them in Kunena, might try adding .pdf to j!global Legal Extensions (File Types) or at least seeing if they are listed (it should be by default though) ...

Best of luck ;)
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by cXc.

More
14 years 3 months ago #10 by stuart
The pdf extension is listed in Joomlas Global Legal Extensions, so I don't think that is the problem.

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds