Kunena 5.2.5 and Blue eagle 1.6.5 released (30 May 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.5 [K 5.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.5

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question I have three questions

More
11 years 4 months ago #1 by vitaly
Hi everyone, I have three questions.
1-how to change default smilies in amination?
2 How to install recaptcha in Kunene to register users?
3-How do I ban some words, if the user, say have less than 20 posts on the forum. For example, if I ban words such as org. com. net spammer will be able to leave the post with their links.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:I have three questions
  1. It may be possible - I haven't tried - to use animated gifs as smileys. See Smiley management in the Wiki
  2. Kunena is not responsible for user registration (see Registration Page Issues ). You will need to integrate Recapture with whatever component you have installed on your website.
  3. Ever since Kunena came on the scene there has never been a Bad Words plugin that has worked. Once upon a time there was a plugin available for Fireboard but this does not work now. From K 1.5.8 the configuration settings (to integrate with the defunct Bad Words filter) have been removed from Kunena.

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by vitaly
Replied by vitaly on topic Re:I have three questions
Thank you for your reply.
Have devel. plan to protect forum from bots and spam? How i can ban external link from post?
sorry for mistakes I use translate.google.com. :lol:

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
vitaly wrote:

Thank you for your reply.
Have devel. plan to protect forum from bots and spam? How i can ban external link from post?
sorry for mistakes I use translate.google.com. :lol:

Thank you for your questions. I understand you very well. :)

I can't speak for the developers. I don't know what plans exist to re-introduce a "Ban Words" filter or, at the very least, prevent users from posting URLs to spam sites. At this time Kunena does not have the means to prevent users posting links to internal or external sites. This feature may be useful for some people.

The only way you can ban such information on your website is to review what's posted and to remove anything that you consider is offensive. It would be a good idea to display a "site policy" to inform users that they should not post messages that contain links to external websites and to advise them what you will do if they are in breach of this policy.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 4 months ago #5 by vitaly
You have so many posts I think you are devel, :) :)
<<<<<t would be a good idea to display a "site policy" to inform users that they should not post messages that contain links to external websites and to advise them what you will do if they are in breach of this policy.>>>>>
Do you think it can stop spammers? :dry:

More
11 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
vitaly wrote:

You have so many posts I think you are devel, :) :)

:laugh: No, I'm just a user with a lot of time on his hands!

vitaly wrote:

sozzled wrote:

It would be a good idea to display a "site policy" to inform users that they should not post messages that contain links to external websites and to advise them what you will do if they are in breach of this policy.

Do you think it can stop spammers? :dry:

It won't stop spam, no. It may not even make people think twice about posting spam. Spammers are immune to what other people think about them. :(

If you have a site policy then you are letting your users - including those who post spam - know what to expect from you! B)

More
11 years 4 months ago #7 by vitaly
sozzled wrote:

:laugh: No, I'm just a user with a lot of time on his hands!

Its good, I have no time at all :( . So, if I have questions about Kunena I ask you, ok :) ?
You can try to study Ukrainian, its will be cool B)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds