- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 0
Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.
Question Problem with replies to threads!
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #35060
by stream
Problem with replies to threads! was created by stream
When Im logged in and write a reply to a thread the reply dont show up at all.
But when Im not logged in I only can see the reply, not the original post!
What could be wrong? I have edited some code in Kunena. Could I have deleted some important code that should show both the original post and the replies at the same time? I know that I have added "display: none" to some text in the css code.
But when Im not logged in I only can see the reply, not the original post!
What could be wrong? I have edited some code in Kunena. Could I have deleted some important code that should show both the original post and the replies at the same time? I know that I have added "display: none" to some text in the css code.
Last edit: 16 years 9 months ago by stream.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 9 months ago #35067
by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Problem with replies to threads!
You should try latest Kunena without your changes and by using default_ex, first. It tells you if your modifications or custom template has any issues.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #35071
by stream
Replied by stream on topic Re: Problem with replies to threads!
Thanks for the answer.
I have the latest Kunena. But if I use default_ex my changes wont show right? I have done alot of changes that made my forum/site better looking. So can I see any other way what could be wrong? Or can I choose to have default_ex and see whats wrong and then change back to my template of Kunena?
I have the latest Kunena. But if I use default_ex my changes wont show right? I have done alot of changes that made my forum/site better looking. So can I see any other way what could be wrong? Or can I choose to have default_ex and see whats wrong and then change back to my template of Kunena?
Last edit: 16 years 9 months ago by stream.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 9 months ago #35076
by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Problem with replies to threads!
Yes, your changes wont show. But I didn't mean that you need to change your template, I just wanted you to make a quick (few minutes) test that the issue is not in the default_ex.
So yes, this test will help you to hunt the bug. If it is in your changes, finding it should be pretty easy. And if it's in official release, we would be able to fix it.
BTW: did you make your changes before upgrading to later version of Kunena? If so, you need to adapt your changes to the new version (I would wait for K1.5.
or downgrade back to older Kunena release and do the adaptation later.
So yes, this test will help you to hunt the bug. If it is in your changes, finding it should be pretty easy. And if it's in official release, we would be able to fix it.
BTW: did you make your changes before upgrading to later version of Kunena? If so, you need to adapt your changes to the new version (I would wait for K1.5.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #35081
by stream
Replied by stream on topic Re: Problem with replies to threads!
I didnt upgrade to a later version of Kunena. I installed 1.5.7 directly when I created the forum a week ago.
Im gonna look in the default_ex and see whats different to my files. Hope to find the answer to this
Edit: I found the answer! I replaced my view.php with the view.php that was in the default folder. And now the replies show!
Im gonna look in the default_ex and see whats different to my files. Hope to find the answer to this
Edit: I found the answer! I replaced my view.php with the view.php that was in the default folder. And now the replies show!
Last edit: 16 years 9 months ago by stream.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 9 months ago #35088
by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Problem with replies to threads!
That file in default folder is deprecated, please use view.php from default_ex instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds