Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Translating Kunena for logged in users

More
14 years 4 months ago #1 by matawest
Hi!

I've installed the Swedish translation for Kunena and it works fine, as long as user status i Guest. When I log in as admin the forum suddenly turns back to English version. From what I have been able to check out there is no other part of the Joomla directory than admininstrator/components/com_kunena/language where the language translation file should be put.

Best,
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Maybe you have not set swedish in joomla backend -> language mangager -> front-end

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 4 months ago #3 by matawest
Thanks for the suggestion! "Unfortunately" both front- and backend are set to swedish. This really puzzles me.

More
14 years 4 months ago #4 by xillibit
If you have put your swedish file in admininstrator/components/com_kunena/language , try to remove the file kunena.english.php.

More
14 years 4 months ago #5 by matawest
I renamned the english language file to see what happened. Now it is obvious that when logged in this file is in use. The page got messed up :-) Could it have anything to do with the image folder? Perhaps the system is reaching for the english images when logged in?

More
14 years 4 months ago #6 by xillibit
I'am a bit confused, it's the language strings which are not in swedish are the images (new thread, replay, quote...) ?

More
14 years 4 months ago #7 by Phil De Troy
Same for me in French. I found a file kunena.french.php, buut at any location neither the frontend nor the backend is translated.
I tested
  • root/administrator/
  • root/administrator/language/
  • root/administrator/language/fr-FR/
  • root/components/com_kunena/
  • root/components/com_kunena/language/
  • root/components/com_kunena/language/fr-FR/
  • root/language/
  • root/language/fr-FR/

In addition, the language file was found but no full package with the images... so a lot of work to do what somene else probably already did.

More
14 years 4 months ago #8 by xillibit
What kunena version do you using ?

The buttons in french are here : www.kunena.com/forum/24-french/6380-bout...rigine-en-version-fr

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #9 by Phil De Troy
Thanks for the buttons. This part is well translated. Documentation should also stress on the fact that all other image folders (emoticons/, graphs/, ranks/) need to be copied from templates/default_ex/images/english/ to templates/default_ex/images/yourlanguage/
Version of Kunena is com_kunena_v1.5.7_stable_b1851_2009-11-18
Language file is just named kunena.french.zip and includes just one file kunena.french.php, seems to have the translations of both frontend and backend, including additional strings for 1.5.7
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Phil De Troy.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10 by Phil De Troy
Last news... just re-installed, now it is working properly.

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds