Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Banners on Category pages

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #1 by badaddy
I have a forum with 6 categories. Is there a way to have 4 indepencant banners on each of the category pages! Thanks for your help!
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by badaddy. Reason: I wnat to be notified by email re responses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #2 by Matias
You need to modify template to get individual banners, If you add catid to module positions, it should be possible with existing module positions.

More
14 years 4 months ago #3 by happy
Replied by happy on topic Re:Banners on Category pages
How and where would you do this? I also would like to have targeted ad links on specific forums/categories.

I tried kunena_msg_1_catid_9 under teh module position, but now nothing appears between post 1 and 2

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Banners on Category pages
Renaming field does not help -- they all will have the same id.. You need to take catid from variable $catid and then change your banner module position to "kunena_msg_1_catid_9" etc..

When you're viewing messages/thread: message.php line 449 (in default_ex):
Code:
<!-- Begin: Message Module Positions --> <?php if (JDocumentHTML::countModules("kunena_msg_$mmm_catid_$catid")) { ?> <div class = "kunena_msg_<?php echo $mmm; ?>"> <?php $document = &JFactory::getDocument(); $renderer = $document->loadRenderer('modules'); $options = array('style' => 'xhtml'); $position = "kunena_msg_$mmm_catid_$catid"; echo $renderer->render($position, $options, null); ?> </div> <?php } ?> <!-- Finish: Message Module Positions -->
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Matias.

More
14 years 4 months ago #5 by happy
Replied by happy on topic Re:Banners on Category pages
Awesome. Looks like it is working. I did have to make a minor change. I posted the difference here for others to see as well. Thank you for your help. you are awesome.

if (JDocumentHTML::countModules('kunena_msg_'.$mmm.'_catid_'.$catid))
{
?>
<div class = "kunena_msg_<?php echo $mmm; ?>">
<?php
$document = &JFactory::getDocument();
$renderer = $document->loadRenderer('modules');
$options = array('style' => 'xhtml');
$position = 'kunena_msg_'.$mmm.'_catid_'.$catid;
echo $renderer->render($position, $options, null);

More
14 years 4 months ago #6 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Banners on Category pages
Or you could use {$mmm} inside string..

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds