Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Fully Disable the Announcements Feature

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by teedayf
I'm trying to fully disable the announcements feature that comes with Kunena forums for a board I'm setting up. For my client's purposes it is rather redundant for the users.

I have already disabled the Announcement box from showing up through the configuration page in the back-end.

However, there is still a link in the main page right at the top that says "Announcements". I want to erase this link, and any other potential way a user could access announcements.

Do I have to modify the template files for this? If so, could someone with a little more experience tell me exactly which files I need to be looking at?

Or is there a simpler way to disable this plugin?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Check this doc, it explains how to remove the announcement link : docs.kunena.com/index.php/How_I_can_disa..._Message%2C_Avatar_o

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #3 by nicol
that page is blank
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by nicol. Reason: re-linked to an out of date page by mistake

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #4 by sozzled
This is the correct URL here: How I can disable: Login, Register, welcome Message, Avatar or whole Profilebox

Please note: this information is obsolete for current versions of Kunena.
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds