Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question HOW: Private Category but Public Sticky

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by suman
Hello,

I want have a Sub-Category in which all posts are for Registered Users Only (PRIVATE).
But want to have 2 STICKY POSTS that will be totally Public (Procedure to Join and Rules-Regulations).

Pls tell me how to do that ?

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, suman. I've tackled your problem in a slightly different way: I've written two standard [Joomla] articles, placed them in a "policies" or "FAQ" category so that operate across the whole of my websites and independently of Kunena. Another suggestion you might consider is to develop a "rules" page (see How to create a rule and a help page in the Wiki) and point to the articles I've just described in that place, too. That way you have the "how to join" and "code of conduct" information readily accessible from your forum.

You can look at my demo site if you'd like to see an example. B)

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by suman
Hi Sozzled,

Thank you for your help.
But, little problem.

In my forum, I already have Rules page just like you have suggested.

Problem is that - this is a Private Sub-Category.
and these are Rules of this Sub-Category.

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds