Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Native polls, surveys, etc., features for Kunena

More
14 years 1 day ago #31 by xillibit
poodawgg wrote:

i was thinking it would be on the next release...is this a feature a lot of people want or just a few?

The thread for the hack poll is very popular and it's in third position in popular 5 threads : www.kunena.com/forum/stats and it's in second position in uservoice : kunena.uservoice.com/forums/11439-kunena...kunena.uservoice.com , so you can deduce that the poll feature is needed by a lot of people.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #32 by poodawgg
xillibit wrote:

poodawgg wrote:

i was thinking it would be on the next release...is this a feature a lot of people want or just a few?

The thread for the hack poll is very popular and it's in third position in popular 5 threads : www.kunena.com/forum/stats and it's in second position in uservoice : kunena.uservoice.com/forums/11439-kunena...kunena.uservoice.com , so you can deduce that the poll feature is needed by a lot of people.

since its so popular how come the poll feature isn't at the top of the list of things to add.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #33 by sozzled
poodawgg wrote:

since its so popular how come the poll feature isn't at the top of the list of things to add.

Vive la différance! Crikey, there's no pleasing some people, is there? :side:
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 11 months ago #34 by poodawgg
sozzled wrote:

poodawgg wrote:

Vive la différance! Crikey, there's no pleasing some people, is there? :side:

Actually no at least to some who really want the poll feature and see that Agora has it plus all the features, its just agora is ugly and not simple n clean as Kunena. I like the look of Kunena which is why I came back to post, i saw the new release and was hoping it would be added but it wasn't. After I posted I saw where I could vote for it, I went ahead and voted for the poll feature came back and saw your post stating "there's no pleasing some people" Thus my reply to back up your statement.

More
13 years 11 months ago #35 by sozzled
poodawgg wrote:

i saw the new release and was hoping it would be added but it wasn't.

Just for your information, there will be no new features added to K 1.5. Any "new release" you might be referring to (K 1.5.10, K 1.5.11 maybe?) only contain bigfixes.

The next major version of Kunena K 1.6 contains a poll feature. That is what has been stated before in this topic and that is what will continue to be stated. K 1.5 does not, and will not natively, provide support for polls. Does this clarify your concerns?

As far as my "there's no pleasing some people" quip is concerned, I have no real interest in debating why some suggestions have made it to the top of a user poll over others. As xillibit has said, the request for a poll feature is among the top most-requested features. He's right. Getting an item to the top of the polls doesn't mean that something will be implemented, nor does it mean that it will be implemented at the expense of something else. Polls are just one method to gauge user support for an idea ... but they're far from being the only measure. ;)

Polls are being implemented in K 1.6. There's nothing more that needs to be said, IMO.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #36 by kottacs
Lot of people need to have a module to see the status of a poll somewher on the front page (under the menu example)
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by kottacs.

Time to create page: 0.780 seconds