Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question creating new sticky topics

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #1 by chayocampo
Hello everyone. I'm new to Kunena and and i find it an awesome component for Joomla. That being said, I'm using the latest Joomla version.

I've installed the Kunena with no problem. I've searching the forum about creating or making a topic sticky but I'm lost on other threads as I dont see any instruction how to make one.

So how do you make a topic sticky?

Aprpeciate any suggestion.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by chayocampo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Only forum moderators can make topics sticky. If you are the moderator of a forum, or you are the site administrator (which automatically gives you moderator privileges), when you open a discussion topic you will observe that you have the additional buttons to make the topic "sticky" (if it isn't) or "unsticky" if it is.

To forum moderators: please move this discussion to the "general questions" category, please.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by chayocampo
Hmmm..this is weird.

I've assign my self administrator but still doesnt see the stick buttons. I only see 'reply topic' unscribe, favorite...

Do you think the role on the joomla site affects the role on the Kunena forum? or users should be different?

More
14 years 9 months ago #4 by chayocampo
i've already assgin myself admin and still dont see the sticky buttons...

i only have reply topic, unsubscribe, unfavorite and new thread...

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
This is a common problem: please read the tips I've written about how to configure your forum categories: docs.kunena.com/index.php/Configuration_...nfiguration_settings

You may also need to go to the Kunena User Administration function and assign your username to the forum(s) that you want to moderate.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6 by chayocampo
thanks, sozzled...

still no luck :( will wait for more suggestions. Appreicate ur help.

The Forum is installed in joomla as a component.

More
14 years 9 months ago #7 by sozzled
Go to Components » Kunena Forum » User Administration, click your username, look at the Moderation panel, select each of the forum categories that you want to moderate (hold CTRL key down while you use left mouse key to select).

More
14 years 9 months ago #8 by @quila
Hi chayocampo,

can you confirm this settings of your forum?

Regards

More
14 years 9 months ago #9 by chayocampo
@quila,

that works when the topic public access level is set to everyone (plus super administrator).

But i have sensitive topics which public access level is set to authors (joomla role). Is there a work around this?

Thanks.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #10 by @quila
Hi,

if you set this for Category/Forum

and in User Administration doing this settings,

Your Moderator must to see Sticky icon.

Regards
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by @quila.

Time to create page: 0.605 seconds