Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Silly questions for Kunena developers !

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by sunnyjey
Working on 1.5.11 and Kunena 1.5.3

Question 1: As an Administrator when I edit User posts, the email address of the user get replaced with mine (administrator's email). I have been getting this problem since FB.

Is this bug or I am the only person facing this problem?

Question 2:
What is purpose of having subject field in reply Message editors?
It is assumed that the replies will be posted to the Subject created during 1st new thread. It may be confusing for the new members

Question 3:
One of the member uploaded few copyright files on my site. I removed the attachment by deleting [file].
I know i have to delete it from site folder through FTP to clear this uploaded attachment.

I feel there should be one more button in frontend for Moderator to remove attachment.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by DarkSlash
I need a solution for (2) too. I fixed the name problem (was editable, so eny user could change his name when he post) and I tried the same solution with the subject but it doesn't work... what it the subject variable? Such as Name variable es $authorName... any idea?

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by Matias
1) Really? This must be a bug. Will add it to my todo list.

2) You can change subject of your own reply like in other forum softwares. But I do agree that this should be configurable by the administrator. Anyone want to post a hack for this in the mean time? Just hiding the subject field should be enough.

3) Currently moderators cannot do this, but it's doable in Kunena backend. There are menu items for both attached files and images (you can also replace image with a dummy one). Please do not use FTP client to do this.

More
14 years 9 months ago #4 by sunnyjey
Thank you Matias for taking time to look my post & acting promptly.

1. I can see this bug featuring in to-do list of new version.

2. I too feel this option of changing subject should be available for only Administrator and not to normal users.

3. Thank you for pointing me to right direction.

4. New: Can we have different icon for attachment in 'Recent discussion' view for picture/image? At present when someone upload file or image it displays the same picture of CLIP.

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds