Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Changing name when posting

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by PegCity
I'm not sure how to use this function. I want my users to have a cb profile that is completely separate from their participation in the forums. It's a small community and I want the users to feel comfortable voicing their opinions.

so.... I have played around with changing the name and username in Kunena and everytime I change the username in Kunena, it changes the username in cb.

I have disabled the forum integration in cb....and they are still linked.

Is there any easy way to change your name when posting that doesn't link to the cb profile?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
PegCity wrote:

Is there any easy way to change your name when posting that doesn't link to the cb profile?

I'm not too sure if that's the right question. You see, Community Builder doesn't use any different usernames than the Joomla usernames ... and neither does Kunena.

Let's start with some basics: the Joomla user tables define who are your site's registered members. CB provides some "extras", for example you can add users via the CB user registration form and you can login using the CB login module. But the basic data, from which the CB user tables are built, is generated from the Joomla user database ... and CB keeps the information "in synch".

Kunena doesn't have a user registration system, nor does it have a login module. There is a Kunena user table that holds some information about the forum users, but this is generated from the Joomla user database.

So, at the heart of the problem is the Joomla user database. If you use Kunena to change the users' names or usernames - I didn't know you could do that, but supposing you can - I would imagine that you'd update the Joomla user database. Because CB gets its information from the Joomla user database, you'll find those changes would propagate there. In other words, you can't affect one with affecting the other(s). It's really a circular argument. :S

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by PegCity
well I was under the impression that you could change the name based on this "Set to "Yes" if you want registered users to be able to change their name when posting. If set to "No," registered users will not be able to edit their names" in the security settings.

More
14 years 9 months ago #4 by Matias
Yes, it changes the name -- but you can still see who has posted that topic. There is a hack to allow anonymous posting, but I believe that it is not up to date. Anyway it's doable for someone with moderate knowledge in both coding and Kunena.

This feature is something that I want to have soon, and new structure of K1.6 should make this a lot easier to add.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds