Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Error posting: Firefox can't find the file at http://mysite.com/forum/20-news/post/reply.html

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #1 by Chris_C_
Kunena 1.5.14
** was Fireboard 0.8 running on Joomla 1.0. I installed Kunena and it sucessfully upgraded the data to Kunena's database format **
** I'm unable to upgrade Kunena 1.6 because server PHP version is too old and hosting cant be upgraded for another month. **
Joomla 1.5.23
SEF turned on.
Community Builder 1.7
uddeIM 2.5 beta

When I try to post the first message in a new forum category, it's impossible! I get a serious error!

Problem loading page
"File not found
Firefox can't find the file at http : // mysite.com/forum/20-news/post/reply.html

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted."

When I try it in Safari: Safari tries to DOWNLOAD the file reply.html !! Instead of actually make a new post. And the file reply.html is 0 bytes in size.

Please help !
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Chris_C_, and welcome to Kunena.

I'm puzzled. You are able to install and run uddeIM 2.5 (beta) and Community Builder 1.7 but you cannot install K 1.6.5? Did you read K 1.6 Technical Requirements ? What version of PHP are you running now and what versions of PHP are needed by uddeIM and CB.

As far as SEO is concerned, I suggest you read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki.

Support for K 1.5.x is extremely limited. Development on K 1.5 ceased nearly 18 months ago. The Kunena project's focus is now fully engaged on the next generation (K 2.0) and K 1.6 is the way to go in the meantime if you would like quick, effective help.

I don't know the answers to your specific questions. I don't even know if they are directly caused by Kunena. Perhaps someone else may be able to help you. Good luck. :)

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #3 by Chris_C_
Hi sozzled,

sozzled wrote: I'm puzzled. You are able to install and run uddeIM 2.5 (beta) and Community Builder 1.7 but you cannot install K 1.6.5? Did you read K 1.6 Technical Requirements ? What version of PHP are you running now and what versions of PHP are needed by uddeIM and CB.

My server is running PHP 5.1.6

CB 1.7 requires PHP 5.0+.... OK got it.
uddeIM 2.5beta requires PHP 4.4+... OK got it.
Kunena 1.5 requires PHP 5.0.3+.... OK got it.

** Kunena 1.6 requires PHP 5.2.3+.. NO we just have 5.1.6, this is why I'm stuck on Kunena 1.5 **

I'd like to upgrade to Kunena 1.6 but with no PHP 5.2.3+, it's impossible for another month at least.

SOMEONE must've encountered this error w/Kunena 1.5.14 and got it working on PHP 5.1.6

It would be great if you could help and troubleshoot this strange HTML Download error, please.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Chris_C_.

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by Matias
This looks like PHP bug (you usually get this when PHP crashes). Server error logs can sometimes tell more (if the process dies), but it's more likely that there's nothing in there. Also APC, eAccelerator and others may cause this kind of bugs.

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by Chris_C_

Matias wrote: This looks like PHP bug (you usually get this when PHP crashes). Server error logs can sometimes tell more (if the process dies), but it's more likely that there's nothing in there. Also APC, eAccelerator and others may cause this kind of bugs.

We're not using APC, nor are we using eAccelerator. There must be some kind of recommended troubleshooting procedure to narrow down the cause of a Kunena 1.5 PHP crash?

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #6 by Chris_C_
I got the log entries. Any help to track down the error and fix it would be awesome :

This is the access log entry for me clicking the "New Thread" icon:
Code:
x.x.x.x - - [12/Aug/2011:10:27:57 -0400] "GET /forum/25-forum-name/post/reply.html HTTP/1.1" 500 766 "http://mysite.com/forum/25-forum-name.html" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/534.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Safari/534.50"

This is the error log entry, 1 second later :
Code:
[Fri Aug 12 10:27:58 2011] [error] [client x.x.x.x] Premature end of script headers: phpwrapper, referer: http://mysite.com/forum/25-forum-name.html

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #7 by Chris_C_
After some testing, I've found out: some of the buttons work, and some don't...

BUTTONS THAT WORK on the Individual post toolbar:
Quick Reply. (this looks like it's a javascript button, not a html get or post)
Merge.
Delete.

***BUTTONS THAT ARE BROKEN on the Individual post toolbar:***
Reply.
Quote.
Edit.

BUTTONS THAT WORK on the Thread toolbar.
Subscribe/Unsubscribe.
FAvorite/Unfavorite.
Delete.
Move.
Sticky/Unsticky.
Lock/Unlock.
Merge.

***BUTTONS THAT ARE BROKEN on the Thread toolbar:***
Reply Topic.
New Thread.

Is this new information enough to tell you the cause of the problem ??

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #8 by Chris_C_
I fixed the problem...

Here is the solution, I hope this helps someone else.

It seems this problem was caused by a conflict with RokCandy plugin. I'm using a Rocket Theme template.

Here is the simple solution step-by-step:
docs.kunena.org/index.php/Conflicting_plugins

Quite simple, you disable all the RokCandy macros in the BASIC category, because they are the ones that conflict with the BBCode macros in Kunena 1.5 and cause Kunena to crash when you post a reply, etc etc.

Time to create page: 0.582 seconds