Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Forum borken, possible database access issue?

More
12 years 9 months ago #1 by eyeteeth
Kunena version 1.5.11
Joomla version 1.5.8
PHP version 5.2.9
MySql version 5.0.32-Debian_7etch6

The forum has been up and running since installation until mid last week. Since then, users can log into the forum, but once they attempt to view messages, they see a window like the image attached. I'm trying to figure out just where to start looking, if it's a communication issue with the DB, or if something inside the DB became hosed with the messages. Being an older version finding information has been a bit more difficult, and my searches thus far have not been successful.

A 'power admin' I am not, I had done a lot of reading and research putting the site together several years ago which has functioned perfectly until now... and am once again rather 'rusty' so feel free to talk to me like a slow third grader.

Any ideas/suggestions will be much appreciated
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, eyeteeth, and welcome to Kunena.

J! 1.5.8 is not supported.

K 1.5.11 is not supported.

It is recommended that you consider upgrading to J! 1.5.23 and K 1.6.4 (see K 1.6 Upgrade Guide )
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by eyeteeth
'borken' nice spelling sheesh... lol

"J! 1.5.8 is not supported.

K 1.5.11 is not supported."

Yea, I realize that, but I'm also hoping someone has seen the problem and it's a quicker fix. The more I think about it, the more I fear it is a database issue and not a Kunena or Joomla problem.

More
12 years 9 months ago #4 by xillibit
Kunena 1.5.x doesn't show exactly the error, can-you enable debug in Joomla! configuration panel to see what's happen ?

Are-you using default kunena template ? Can-you start by upgrading Joomla! to 1.5.23 ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by eyeteeth
My apologies for the delay in response. I thought I had debug enabled, but your post made me double check.

Once debug was on, I was able to track down a solution, and as I figured, it was a simple quick fix. A corrupted table that was able to be repaired.

With that said, I've looked into updating the site to newer releases, but I am at the web hosts mercy as the version of MySQL they have installed is old enough I cannot update Joomla yet.

The site is 'seasonal', so hopefully once winter hits and the traffic dies down, They will have updated the backend, and I can get to work updating Joomla and Kunena.

Thanks for your help.

(BTW... how do you 'bork' a forum anyway?)

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds