Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Moderated forum with notification to moderator/confirmation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #1 by asiams
Hello,

I have set up a forum with moderator. A user can post and it notifies to moderator. Moderator can approve or reject the post.

This was the setup for my forum now.

When a user made the reply to my post, it notified me as moderator the new post was made. From my email, I received the link to the post. When I went to the link sent by email, it is not showing.

I tried to see this post, but could not find the post.

What could be the potential problem to solve this issue?

I am using Kunena 1.5.8 | 2009-12-18 | 1863 [ Whisper ] |
on Joomla 1.5.15 with Community Builder 1.2 with Alpha point components. All of the set up uses profiles from CB.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by asiams
I was looking through the DB for the forum. It was on hold. I just made it 0 for hold since it was flagged to 1 on hold.

This showed the post.

However, when this happens, where should I go to unflag to make it set 0 for hold?

Any idea?

Is there any admin area where I can go to, in order to give conformation to set it to show?

Thanks.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
This will answer your question and another one posted in An invalid post ID was requested which has had me baffled for days.

As a background, I rarely use the moderated post feature mainly because, in my opinion, it's more trouble than it's worth. In fact I haven't even bothered to learn how it's done ... until now. I have to say, that this is one of the most convoluted, counter-intuitive processes I have ever come across but, if you really want to know how it's done, pay attention ... ;)

asiams wrote:

When a user made the reply to my post, it notified me [by email] as moderator the new post was made. From my email, I received the link to the post. When I went to the link sent by email, it is not showing. I tried to see this post, but could not find the post.

Firstly, the link given in the email is technically correct but, until it's approved, any attempt to view it will result in the "invalid post ID was requested" message. Does that sound confusing? Well, have another look at the email again. The e-mail states "Please have a look at it after you have logged in on the site." So, how do you "look at it"? That's where the fun begins! :huh:

In order for me to demonstrate this feature, I had to do two things: create a forum category that required me to "review posts" and, secondly, send e-mail modifications to administrators (so that I could receive the e-mails). The following screenshot shows the forum categories on my website. I have highlighted the one (and the only) forum that is a moderated forum:

OK, so where are the messages that I have to review? Ahh, that's a bit of a trick. You have to know where to look. With K 1.5.9 forum moderators have to visit the moderated forums to see if there are any posts pending review! :ohmy:

Oh, good grief, I hear a lot of you moan. The following screenshot shows what happens when I click the moderated forum category I've been talking about:

Now you see a new tab that says I have 3 messages to review. When I click that tab I get a new screen as shown in the next screenshot:

Now I can actually approve or reject the messages. :woohoo:

With all of these procedures to follow, and having to make sure that your moderators always visit every moderated forum on your site (and you have to know which ones are moderated before you can do that), is it any wonder that most people I know don't use the moderated forum features! Wouldn't it be better if the "pending messages" tab appeared in at the top of every Kunena page used by a moderator? I think so! Perhaps that's something for a future version? :dry:

Well, I've explained the process - maybe not as succinctly as people may have hoped - and if anyone has a simpler approach I'd love to hear it!

In effect, though, there is nothing broken with Kunena 1.5.9 and this solves a couple of questions that have been around for a fair while.

Cheers
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by Matias
I have never needed the feature by myself, either, so it didn't get fixed until now. I have already made some small modifications to let moderators to see those posts in the thread and delete/approve it from there. I am also planning to change this screen to look more like recent discussions or messages, but that's not done yet.

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by iLucato

sozzled wrote: Wouldn't it be better if the "pending messages" tab appeared in at the top of every Kunena page used by a moderator? I think so! Perhaps that's something for a future version? :dry:

Yes! Please! It's quite hard among "thousand" of topics/forums set as YES to "review posts" and the moderators have to guess/find where the pending messages are. Please make the "Pending Messages" tab show up at the first page or all pages and make it contains all pending messages from all moderated forums. I mean, all forums set as YES to review posts. I'm using Kunena 1.5.12 and it still works as the screenshots posted above.

Is there any existing code hack to active it in the first page?

Thanks.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
The behaviour has considerably changed in K 1.6 which I didn't have the opportunity to test when I wrote my reply five months ago. I think you might find K 1.6 has some improvements in this area. Perhaps you might like to experiment with the new features on a test site. :)

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #7 by iLucato
Great! I will test it. BTW, how do I get to test the 'Playground' as administrator to get the back-end and set some forums as "Review Post (YES)" to get to test it and see the pending in the front-end?

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by iLucato.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
Perhaps you might like to experiment with the new features on your own test site. ;)

Time to create page: 0.712 seconds