Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Forum posts should not become posted without approval from moderator

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by soumyakollon1
Hello,

I am using kunena 1.5.13. Now when I click on submit button from 'Post a New Topic' form, it got posted immediately and send a message to moderator. But I don't want to post the topic without approval from moderator. Is there any option to get so? Please guide me.......

Your immediate replies are highly appreciable.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

In kunena categories manager, you have a column nammed review and you need to enable it to set a specific category to be reviewed : docs.kunena.org/images/3/39/Forumadministration.jpg

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: soumyakollon1

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by soumyakollon1
Thank you your quick reply!!!!!!!!!

I got it. But now I am having a problem. In the mail which is received by the moderator, there is a link to approve/ delete the topic. But when I click on this link, I am getting a message like 'Invalid Post Id'.

The structure of that URL in the mail is as follows:

sitename/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=322&func=view&catid=2&id=24#24

Please guide me....

Regards

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
soumyakollon1: I've looked at the questions you have posted on the forum and, I think we would all agree, in the 3 months that you started using Kunena 1.5 you have had a lot of problems. As we have been trying to tell people for over 6 months, people will have fewer problems, less issues to deal with, if they upgrade to K 1.6.

Your website does not use SEO. Please read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki.

You will continue to have problems with K 1.5 and some of those problems will never be fixed. K 1.6 fixes a number of problems that people had with the "review posts" issues you have mentioned.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5 by soumyakollon1
Ok......

Can you please let me know the source path of this email body??

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
I'm sorry, I do not understand your question.

Have you implemented Joomla SEO as I suggested that you do in my earlier response?

Have you considered upgrading to K 1.6 as a way of overcoming the problems that you currently have with K 1.5.?

More
13 years 1 month ago #7 by soumyakollon1
I am very sorry to disturbing you .............

I discussed regarding upgradation, but it is not allowed for me....So still I am in kunena 1.5 itself. So I just want to change the email body of the email that received by the moderator. Please do let me know the source path of that email body as I could not find out the function to send mails to moderator.

Hope you understand what I meant........

Thanks.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled

soumyakollon1 wrote: I discussed regarding upgradation, but it is not allowed for me

What is stopping you?

I do not understand what you mean by "the source path of that email body". In what specific way do you want to change "email body of the email that received by the moderator".

Have you implemented Joomla SEO as I advised you to do?
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 month ago #9 by soumyakollon1
Thank You for the reply.

We highly appreciate your comments to upgrade the forum to 1.6 but due to some requirements we are more focused to 1.5.13.

In the moderators email body, we want to change the URL of the forum to be approved/delete. Can you guide us where or in which file the code is being called?

More
13 years 1 month ago #10 by sozzled
You want to change the URL of the "forum" (do you mean category) to be deleted/approved?

What do you want to change the URL to? I'm sorry, but we seem to be going around in circles. If you were using K 1.6 I could ask you to post your configuration report and we would be able to see what you are trying to describe very quickly. Unfortunately you are still using K 1.5 and so the process is going to take a lot longer.

The process is going to take longer - and I'll be quite honest with you why - simply because the project team is more focused on K 1.6 and to prepare for K 2.0. In fact, when K 2.0 is released we will not be providing any support at all for K 1.5. Therefore, any help that we may be able to give you now, with K 1.5, will be limited.

When you say "due to some requirements" that you are more geared to K 1.5, could you please explain more what those "requirements" might be? If we could help you to upgrade to K 1.6 I feel quite confident that you would benefit greatly from moving forward ... instead of becoming more and more isolated from the rest of the community.

I could probably tell you where, in K 1.5, you can find what you are looking for but I don't actually have the details at my fingertips. It's been over 9 months since I looked deeply into the K 1.5 source code and I probably would be the wrong person to ask for this information.

Perhaps someone else, who knows the information, might be able to help you with K 1.5?

To help you, can you please post the URL of you website where you are having these problems.

I suggest that you also familiarise yourself with K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

What version of Joomla are you using?

What Kunena template are you using?

What version of PHP are you using?

What are your Joomla email settings?

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds