Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Can't select category to display

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by pwieseam
I want to have multiple categories (50 states) with forums for each category. It appears I should be able to select a category as a menu setting but when I go to create a menu item/page for "Colorado" my only option is to display all categories and forums setup with kunena. I don't have a place that I can select category ID or anything. How do I select a menu item to display just a category "Colorado" instead of everything?

This should give you a better idea: aticlassifieds.com/community/forums As you can see, every state is displayed, I want an individual page for each state/category.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! I feel like I'm missing something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
This question has been asked a lot of times. I think you will find this discussion gives you the information you need. :)

Link Menu Item to Forum Category?

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by pwieseam
I tried the solution of /forum?func=showcat&catid=id1 (Colorado is ID 1) but I get a 404 error. I also tried it with www.aticlassifieds.com before it just to make sure that wouldn't matter. I tried copying the link for the colorado forum aticlassifieds.com/community/forums/1-colorado-forums and I get a 404 error as well, even though it works if you just type it into the browser. (also tried starting after .com

I'm not sure why I'm getting 404 errors when my forum works fine. Please help!

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
pwieseam wrote:

I tried the solution of /forum?func=showcat&catid=id1 (Colorado is ID 1) but I get a 404 error.

That won't work for you because you have an unusual relative directory structure and a different menu alias to my worked example. In your case you need to create a menu link like this (for Colorado, for example)

Menu type: external link
Link: /community/forums?func=showcat&catid=1

In terms of the URL parameter calling structure, the answer to your question is slightly dependent on which version of Kunena that you are using. We are talking about K 1.5, aren't we?

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by pwieseam
Correct we are talking about 1.5 I also tried it with what you suggested by removing "id" before 1. Still get a 404 error.

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by pwieseam
I'm still looking for some assistance to this question. I tried using "external links" but I get 404 errors no matter what way I try.

Please help and I can answer any questions you may have to assist with this issue.

Thanks

More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by sozzled

pwieseam wrote: I'm still looking for some assistance to this question. I tried using "external links" but I get 404 errors no matter what way I try.

Please help and I can answer any questions you may have to assist with this issue.

On which page on your website, specifically, do you click "the link" that result in a 404? I can't find where you click "the link" (or what that link looks like) that gives you the error.

This isn't a Kunena problem. This is a straightforward Joomla menu issue.

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by pwieseam
does it matter if I'm using SEF?

More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by pwieseam
I'll set it up so you get the error, I had just removed it so at least something worked. Currently I "copied link location" for Colorado Forum. This can be viewed at aticlassifieds.com/community/forums

More
13 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled
I regret that no-one else has become involved in this question for several days.

pwieseam wrote:

does it matter if I'm using SEF?

Different issues are involved depending on what kind of SEO/SEF you might be using. Normally there are only issues if you are using a third-party SEF product (like sh404SEF, for example).

When you go to your home page - aticlassified.com/ - there are no active links. The home page does not even indicate that you have a forum. So how do people know that there's a forum? If you go to the next level down - aticlassified.com/community/ - you are presented with a map of the USA (presumably people would think to click the map next) but there's nothing clickable on that map that I can see. So, again, we return to the same question, how do people know that there's a Kunena discussion forum on your website if they reach your website at aticlassified.com/ ?

The issue, as I see it, is knowing how people click something on your site that takes them to aticlassifieds.com/community/forums which is a "404 Page Not Found". In other words, it's a menu problem and it has to do with the menu alias that you've used that generates the URL link aticlassifieds.com/community/forums .

This is the URL that will get to your forum: www.aticlassifieds.com/index.php?option=com_kunena . Where is the menu item defined for this? The URL is translated into something else when you use SEF. Depends on what your using, but the translation involves using the menu alias name for the menu item. Show us where the menu item is defined and we might be able to solve this mystery.

This is the first time I have see a flash menu (like the one you're using) with Joomla.

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds