Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question registed users only message

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by chicaloca
hi

quick question. ive looked through the language file kunena.english.php thats been suggested elsewhere in the forum.

* Registered Users Only
This forum is open only to registered and logged-in users.
If you are already registered, please log in first.

is what i can see in the site i am designing. i cant see where to change the word "message" to somewhere more meaningul i've tried to look for help but can only see advice for how to change the registered users only text so a pointer would be appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
You can change most of the text strings used in Kunena. See Where is the language file? in the Wiki. Search these files to find the current text strings and replace them to your specific tastes.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by chicaloca
thanks sozzled, i did look there before but had another look after your reply and found the part GEN_MESSAGE (line 1455) so i changed the text in inverted commas and saved the page but it doesnt seem to have made a difference. Is there anything else that i might have missed?

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
It will take me about 15 minutes to find the source code in K 1.5. Can you help us please? Can you please provide us with (a) the name of the file that you changed and (b) the line(s) you changed, how things looked before the change and how things looked after the change. Thanks.

When you say you "saved the page", did you actually replace the original file on your webserver with the changed file?

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by chicaloca

Can you please provide us with (a) the name of the file that you changed

yeah i followed the link you gave me above....so i changed kunena.english.php (under administrator)

and (b) the line(s) you changed,

yeah as i said above, line 1455 it now looks like:

DEFINE('_GEN_MESSAGE', 'Oops, something went wrong (it said 'MESSAGE' before)

how things looked before the change and how things looked after the change. .

its the same appearance before and after i made the change to the file.

When you say you "saved the page", did you actually replace the original file on your webserver with the changed file?

yeah i did.

thanks
Attachments:

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
You changed the wrong line!

You changed line 1498 (using the language file for K 1.5.12) that was
Code:
DEFINE('_GEN_MESSAGE', 'Message');
to
Code:
DEFINE('_GEN_MESSAGE', 'Oops, something went wrong')
Of course, that will not affect what you want to do. The text that you showed in your images is constructed from the following three lines in the kunena.english.php.

At line 1407:
Code:
DEFINE('_COM_A_REGISTERED_ONLY', 'Registered Users Only');
And at lines 1671-1672:
Code:
DEFINE('_FORUM_UNAUTHORIZIED', 'This forum is open only to registered and logged-in users.'); DEFINE('_FORUM_UNAUTHORIZIED2', 'If you are already registered, please log in first.');

More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by chicaloca
thanks for the help, i have no clue about php so not surprising i changed the wrong thing. what i want to change is where it says MESSAGE.....not "this forum is open only to registered and logged-in users" or "if you are already registered.."

strange tho, line 1498 in mine is DEFINE('_LISTCAT_INFORM', 'Inform them and tell them to hurry up!');

can the word "MESSAGE" be changed in the same file? not meaning to ask stupid questions, I am trying to get it right!

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled
What version of Kunena 1.5 are you using?

More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by chicaloca

More
13 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled
My recommendations are based on K 1.5.12. You are using an old version of Kunena. Please upgrade.

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds