Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Creating a "dev-only" forum

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by morness
Hi I'm just seeking advice on general tactics to see how close I can get to a desired behavior. First, I'll explain what I have done so far and then what I'm trying to get working:

I created a Developer top level forum category with a few forums underneath it. In order to restrict it from registered users, I made all the developers "authors" inside the Joomla user management, then made all the new forums accessible to authors and managers with child groups enabled. So far that seems to be working fine.

But what I'd like to is set up just these dev forums so that any new post is emailed to the dev team members -- the idea is to use this forum as a collaboration system. There is an option for administrators to receive any new post, but obviously don't want the entire dev team to have this kind of power.

Anyways, I have no idea how to make that happen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by fxstein
Hi,

For this you need Kunena 1.6.

The only thing missing in your setup are category subscriptions - which have been implemented in K1.6.

It allows users to subscribe to entire categories. We do this here on kunena.com for the very same reasons. Forums that are for Moderators, Developers or Testers and that people can subscribe to, as long as the belong to the proper authorization.

So for every new Developer or Moderator post here on kunena.com I get an email notification - because I am an authorized subscriber of those categories.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds