Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Posting the same thread on all categories

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
Is there any way to post a thread an all categories without having to write it over and over again? You can do it on the PHPBB software.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by Oscarfishlover
Do I smell or something? :-) I have asked two simple questions in the last week and have had absolutely no response from anyone. Come on guys, the support on here is normally very good.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by sozzled
It's a good question, mate. I have a dozen suggestions I could make that would tackle the issue but every one of my ideas has technical implications I'm not happy with. Without any knowledge of how/what/where/who can "do it" in phpBB, whether it's a good thing to do or not, here are my questions:

Suppose we can do it. You want a one-click-post-this-to-all-categories button (spam-in-the-can, I could describe it) that posts everywhere. Do you want people to respond everywhere, too? Do you want people to respond to each one? Or do you only want responses allowed in one of those places?

You could achieve a workable result with creating a topic in one category, moving it (leave a shadow copy behind) to another category, move it again (leave a shadow copy behind) to another category, and so on until you have shadow posts all pointing to the final destination. That idea has other implications, one of which is that all the replies actually settle in one thread; you can't have independently running topics if they were generated by that approach ... if that's what you're after.

So, really, this is a really tough question to answer, isn't it?

Simple answer: yes you can do it but is the solution something you can accept?

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds