Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Admin can't see Users' profile details

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by ritesh_z
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way for admins to see the personal data of its users. For example, I've created a user with yahoo, msn, birthdate, city, country and other fields but I can't see these details anywhere either in the backend or front end even though I login as super administrator. The only way I can get all these details is get into mysql.

Thanks,
Ritesh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by Cerberus
Everyone can SEE the user data if they have entered any under there profile picture on the profilebox but if you mean EDIT there personal data then no there is no function in K1.5 or K1.6 to do this. I have requested to be able change a users profile picture but i was told by the devs that editing of a users personal data by an admin or moderator will NEVER be a function of kunena as they are dead against this.

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by ritesh_z
I feel so stupid.

I logged in again as super admin on frontend and I saw the additional details. I don't know why I didn't see these details before I posted this thread. Am sure I logged in as super admin last time too. It's weird. Anyway.

I noticed now that I still don't see the email the user registered with, registration date, last visit, posts and profile views on the front end. This is not an issue since this information can be looked at from the back end. I was more concerned with the additional info which wasn't visible earlier and is available now. However, I guess at least a super admin should be able to see all this information from the front end itself without having to login to back end. I guess this was never coded but I'm okay with this since it isn't a big deal at all.

And, of course I never meant to change any of users' personal data even if I'm logged in as whatever. This is an integrity issue and I personally don't support this. Good that Kunena isn't even thinking about it.

Sorry for this thread. I feel it should be deleted.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #4 by Cerberus
K1.5

Even the second lot of information you said about is availible from the users profile and the profile box here is a screen shot from my own website showing my info.

As you can see all the data you ask for is visible for all to see ( granted i have erased the actual data for security reasons and my site has altered colours)

K1.6

This information is also availible in in this version to. :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Cerberus.

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds