Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question I can't make the forum visible on my website and other questions

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #1 by rsalgadob
I have set up Kunena and have access to kunena's controlpanel and all its features. However, I cannot make the forum available in my website. I have been reading through a lot of stuff but they are not my exact same case. It seems the Kunena Spanish comes without a template, but as I try to install a template an error message "XML install file is missing" or something like that, which is stopping me from installing a template. Also I have notice I need to create a category, but honestly before I can pusblish the forum to use it as parent. I think this is not related to the joomla categories. Cud somebopdy help me with this, pls
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #2 by mibnbikes
Hi there,

I am not sure if I understand you right?? Have you setup a Kunena menu item for your forum?? Only then will you be able to display the forum on your website...

For installing different templates than the default one, this has to be done manually by a FTP client. It will not work via the normal Joomla back end procedure.

Create a folder for the template and upload the extracted template files to the folder described below and configure Kunena backend for the template you want to use.

/yourdomain.com/components/com_kunena/template/yourtemplatename

Regards Mikkel.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by mibnbikes.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by rsalgadob
Thanks for your prompt response. I have created links in the Menu manager. To be honest I don't know how these links relate to the Kunena Forum itself. I cannot find a way to open the forum to my website users. It seems I am failing in some point of configuring the Kunena, and linking int with Joomla. What I basically need is to be able to show a link on website's homepage that opens the forum.

Helps is highly appreciated

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
G'day, rsalgadob, and welcome to Kunena.

First of all, installing the Spanish version of Kunena is not something that I have any experience with but, simply because you wrote "XML install file is missing", I can tell you that you do not install Kunena templates with the Joomla extension installer. For K 1.5, you install additional templates for Kunena by copying files from your PC and placing them into the appropriate folder structure on your website. If you obtained the Spanish version as a ZIP file I would extract it to see if there is a "readme" or some other file that gives you detailed installation instructions and then I would follow those instructions.

rsalgadob wrote

I have created links in the Menu manager. To be honest I don't know how these links relate to the Kunena Forum itself. I cannot find a way to open the forum to my website users.

To be equally honest, I don't understand what you mean by "how these links relate to the Kunena forum itself." I mean, this part of the issue is just plain basic Joomla: install a Joomla component, create a link on your menu so that your users have access to it. What part about this process don't you see that relates to Kunena?

Yes, as you wrote after that, what you basically need is to show a link on the website's homepage that opens the forum. We all understand that. Have you had much experience with Joomla? Have you had a look at our documentation Wiki for information that might help? :S

Many of these questions were answered in K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first (particularly about how to setup your forum and categories) ... and, yes, Kunena sections and categories are not the same as Joomla sections and categories. ;)
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by ken79
I had a similar problem a few weeks ago.. Why don't you ask your web host support team for help? This kind of problem is often server related so your support often knows the solution.

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds