Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Does Kunena automatically resize images?

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #1 by joey2509
I am bit new to this all so please bare with me. I see some forum platforms resize images automatically so the user dont have to do that dance of kicking down the resolution. Can Kunena do that and of not, what file size limits is everybody using?
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to imrpove search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
I haven't searched the forums myself, but I'm fairly confident that image resize has been discussed on many occasions. You might like to look for yourself. I am fairly sure that image display size is governed by how much screen space you allocate to Kunena (I know, that sounds a little vague, but it's the best answer I can give you at 7:00 am before I've had my first cup of coffee and after contemplating your invitation to "bare with you" ... or did you mean bear with you? :blush: :laugh: I wonder what the neighbours will think?)

Yes, Kunena automatically downsizes the display of large images that would otherwise be break your site template.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by joey2509
I guess I mean total file size. Nowdays everybody ahs these huge images and it would make sense if it automatically reduced that size so people dont have to do it. I think that is what Vbulletin does.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by John
External links are resized automatically to fit the forum. However, photo's you upload to your Kunena form are not resized to save space. Your users will have to do the resizing themselves or upload them to photobucket or something like that.

You can set the maximum size that can be uploaded in the backend of Kunena.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by joey2509
Here are my setting right now for images

Max. Image Height 1200
Max. Image Width 1200
Max. Image Filesize 3000
in Kilobytes

Am I in a pretty good zone that is comfortable wih users?, I actually never played with this, just the way I found it

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by John
You give your users 3 MB per photo, don't know how many users you have but it if your hoster gives you 300 MB hostingspace it will soon be full.

Maybe its better to give it some smaller sizes, like 800x800 max 250KB and add a tutorial how to add full size photo making use of photobucket.

But hey, if you have few users and lots of hosting space its fine like it is.

More
14 years 1 month ago #7 by fxstein
Hi,

Kunena 1.5.x does NOT downsize images. It only limits the display properties to avoid breakage of the layout.

Kunena 1.6 will do automatic down sizing. The code for that is already written and committed, we are just finishing our new moderations and edit features around that functionality.

Kunena 1.6 will resize the full size image, will create a square thumbnail and keep the raw file if required.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 month ago #8 by John
You guys just make me want Kunena 1.6 more and more! Keep up the good work!

More
14 years 1 month ago #9 by joey2509
When will 1.6 be ready?

More
13 years 11 months ago #10 by joey2509
Any news on when 1.6 will be ready?

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds