Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is not a support forum for Community Builder or its related products. For Community Builder support you should visit Joomlapolis .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use Community Builder with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of Community Builder.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Avatar integration with Kunena 5.2.7 fails

More
2 years 4 months ago #1 by TomasFC
Hello,
I'm having the issue that when updating to Kunena 5.2.7  the problem seems to be in the CB integration and I cannot find the issue. If I remove the Comprofiler integration and use Gravatar, for example, that seems to work, but with the CB integration, I get the CB default image
components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/avatar/nophoto_n.png
even though the users have a profile picture.
On my test sites I tried updating to latest versions first CB, then Kunena, and the other way around, and it seems it breaks when Kunena is updated. On the CB profile, the picture shows OK. I have gone through what solutions have been posted on both forums previously, but there's nothing to this effect. Any older similar solutions don't seem to solve it.
Thank you for the help,
Tomás

=============
System Information
=============
php: Linux 5763-app 4.15.0-156-generic #163-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 19 23:31:58 UTC 2021 x86_64
dbserver: mysql
dbversion: 5.7.27-0ubuntu0.18.04.1-log
dbcollation: latin1_swedish_ci
dbconnectioncollation: utf8mb4_general_ci
phpversion: 7.4.23
server: Apache
sapi_name: apache2handler
version: Joomla! 3.10.3 Stable [ Daraja ] 21-October-2021 06:44 GMT
platform: Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.45 Safari/537.36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #2 by rich
Confirmed, I've added it to our bug list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TomasFC

More
2 years 4 months ago #3 by jfd_
Same observation with small differences in server configuration (php v8.0.13, Debian 10).

More
2 years 4 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

The issue is coming from this change : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/65...782a52729e2c115ac130 , so you can revert it untill the next release

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TomasFC

More
2 years 4 months ago #5 by xillibit
You can apply this fix : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/e0...10eb744bd348f3a62a02 by keeping a copy of original file in case of or just wait the next release of Kunena (5.2.8)

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds