Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is not a support forum for Community Builder or its related products. For Community Builder support you should visit Joomlapolis .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use Community Builder with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of Community Builder.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Forum categories not displaying to CB users

More
10 years 1 month ago #1 by willtrd
i am using the community builder to display some categories as these are my paid members. i use CB for all registrations to our site & therfor i need to be able to only show some categories to CB users with paid subscriptions (cbsubs).
when i set the category permission Access Control Type: to Community Builder & GroupJive Group: to PLG.Kuena....... the categories do not display on the front end even to the users that are in the CB database.
if i set it to joomla registered users they display just fine. so any ideas as to why the integration is not working with CB? i have everything enabled & i have also installed groupjive plugin & everything is enabled but still no categories when the user is logged in. the only categories that i can see when logged in are the public. please advise,
thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled

willtrd wrote: When i set the category permission Access Control Type: to Community Builder & GroupJive Group: to PLG.Kuena....... the categories do not display on the front end even to the users that are in the CB database.

I do not know anything about how to use the Kunena Category Manager permissions to work with Community Builder. I only know how to use these permissions to work with Joomla, sorry. You might have to find out more on this subject by asking the good folk at Joomlapolis .

Perhaps someone else in this community who has successfully done what you want to do may be able to help.

Also, please read the important information that appears in the category description at the top of this page.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 1 month ago #3 by willtrd
thank you for the reply, i did finally figure it out. you must create groups & categories from within groupjive & those can then be controlled by the kuena permissions. quite complicated really but got it:)
one last thing.....i do not wish for my users to contact each other via the forum & as of now when a user is clicked on they are directed to their community builder profile and displays the option to send them an email. how would i stop that?
thanks

More
10 years 1 month ago #4 by willtrd
i actually figured that out as well:)
it is a setting from within CB configuration. you must "Not display email"
thanks

More
10 years 1 month ago #5 by sozzled

willtrd wrote: one last thing.....i do not wish for my users to contact each other via the forum & as of now when a user is clicked on they are directed to their community builder profile and displays the option to send them an email. how would i stop that?

That sounds like a different question (and a different problem). I think it would be a good idea to start a new topic on that issue (and watch the video vimeo.com/69818669 ).

As far as your original question is concerned, I am marking this topic as resolved.

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds