Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for Community Builder or its related products. For Community Builder support you should visit Joomlapolis .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use Community Builder with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of Community Builder.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Kunena, CB integration issues - please help

More
10 years 3 months ago #1 by jsmith
I have a web site that involves doctors signing up like Health Grades (they have profiles that can be searched for). This is currently done through community builder. With kunena integration, the docs CB profile is automatically pulled into the forum. This is a great feature. However, there is one problem. Patients are also allowed to sign up in the forum but when they do so they are also given a CB profile similar to the doctors. Obviously I want to maintain the docs and the patients in 2 separate user groups (the docs have both forum access and a searchable profile, the patients have forum access only and should not be searchable). How can I make it so when a user signs up through the forum (which should only be the patients), their forum profile is ONLY a forum profile and they are not automatically provided a full doctor profile.

(hope this makes sense)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, jsmith, and welcome to Kunena.

If I correctly understand your current situation, you already have the means to create two completely different Community Builder user profiles - one for doctors and one for patients. Is that correct? If this is correct I must congratulate you on your innovation because I was not aware that this could be achieved.

If I correctly understood your question, you want to use two different Community Builder profiles within the Kunena forum. Is that correct?

As you would be aware, Kunena allows you to set up your forum to link members' accounts to the standard Kunena user profile - like we use here at www.kunena.org - or to link accounts to CB or JomSocial. Without knowing anything about how you have configured Kunena in your case, I am guessing that you have integrated Kunena to work with CB. When you say that "patients are allowed to sign up in the forum" I am not 100% sure that I follow your meaning.

Kunena uses whatever registration process you have defined for your site. There is no "Kunena user registration process". We have discussed this issue many times in the topic User registration and/or general login issues . Because I am not sure what process you are using to define the user registration process you're using, I am not sure how we can assist you with your problem. I am not sure if this is a Kunena issue or a Community Builder issue.

I think your question comes down to this: "How can I make it so when a patient uses the forum, their profile is only a 'forum' profile and not the profile used by doctors?" In other words - if I correctly understand your question - you want to use two different user profiling systems: a Kunena user profile for patients and a CB user profile system for doctors. Is that correct?
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 3 months ago #3 by jsmith
Thank you for your reply!

Actually, the patients do not set up a CB profile at all, only the doctors. But, I want the patients to be able to sign up to the forum so they can have discussions. The problem is, is that when a patient sets up a forum account, it automatically gives them a CB profile as if they were a doctor too.

www.valuemed.org - the URL if it helps

"I think your question comes down to this: "How can I make it so when a patient uses the forum, their profile is only a 'forum' profile and not the profile used by doctors?" In other words - if I correctly understand your question - you want to use two different user profiling systems: a Kunena user profile for patients and a CB user profile system for doctors. Is that correct?"

Yes, this is essentially what I am trying to accomplish.

More
10 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled

sozzled wrote: I think your question comes down to this: "How can I make it so when a patient uses the forum, their profile is only a 'forum' profile and not the profile used by doctors?" In other words - if I correctly understand your question - you want to use two different user profiling systems: a Kunena user profile for patients and a CB user profile system for doctors. Is that correct?

jsmith wrote: Yes, this is essentially what I am trying to accomplish.

I'm pleased we got this question clarified.

Basically you would need the ability to use two different profiling systems with your forum: CB for the doctors and Kunena for everyone else. Unfortunately I have bad news for you. As far as Kunena is concerned, you have a choice: you can use one profile system or the other.

Even though you have not provided your configuration report , I can imagine that it would show something like this:

Kunena integration settings:
Warning: Spoiler!

I suggest that you change the settings for three of the Kunena integration plugins as shown in red below:

Kunena - Community Builder Enabled: access=0 login=0 activity=0 avatar=0 profile=0 private=0
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=1
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=1 profile=1

In effect you would keep Community Builder for those things that are unrelated to the forum and use Kunena for those things that are forum-related. This may not be what you might have wanted but it's about the simplest zero-cost solution to your problem.

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds